Tuesday's Supper 5/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Hi .. It's hot here on Long Island.

Dinner tonight will be shrimp scampi served over spaghetti with roasted asparagus.

Enjoy the day!

It's hot and humid and thunder stormy here on the West Island of Montreal. We will probably have a salad with tuna and hard boiled eggs and maybe a bit of cheese.

It's hot here in Small Town Missippi too!

A few sips of Bourbon....
Crawfish A 2 Fay...
Rice........
Salad.......
A few spoons of chocolate 'cream

Hot and humid in Connecticut too. Dinner is turkey sandwiches on rye bread with thousand island dressing and Swiss. Ice cream sandwiches.

Very windy, but pleasant here along the Mighty Mississip. Looks like leftover lasagna later!

Hot and humid in CNY also but, the cold front is moving in this evening!

Leftover fried chicken, rolls and a piece of store bought cherry pie, the kind with one or two cherries and a lot of bright red goo. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Its hot but not too humid here and we aren't on an island.

We are having a salad with shrimp on it (I grilled the shrimp last night while grilling other things).

I've been craving Howard Johnson's clam rolls... so, when I came across fried clam strips (from Seapak), thought I'd give them a try.

Fried clam strips w/ fresh lemon juice & tartar sauce on toasted hot dog buns, coleslaw & white corn on the cob. Watermelon for dessert.

Last edited:
Cerise said:
I've been craving Howard Johnson's clam rolls... so, when I came across fried clam strips (from Seapak), thought I'd give them a try.

Fried clam strips w/ fresh lemon juice & tartar sauce on toasted hot dog buns, coleslaw & white corn on the cob. Watermelon for dessert.

Ooh, love fried clam strips! Please let us know how they turn out!

I bought a pinroll of chicken quarters yesterday - I thought there were eight pieces, but there were nine. Eight are in the freezer and I will roast the last thigh in the toaster oven. I have a leftover ear of corn, so I'll make that into maque choux, and have a green salad. DH is out of town till Friday, so it's just me.

I loved our taco shell/tortilla chip free taco salads the other night, so I am about to get what we need for that at the store. I'm not kidding, this diet is so easy!!! Yay! :cool::yum::yum:

Hot, humid, windy and the thunderstorms just missing me here.

Tonight I'll be having the hot dog platter, featuring two grilled hotdogs with freshly chopped Vidalia onions and mustard served on toasted buns, alongside some mac and cheese, maybe white based, and some grilled crimini stuffed with jalapenos and cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

I changed my mind. It will be a French omelette with cheese and scallions. I'm just not in the mood for cutting up a bunch of vegis for salad.

2 dcl. 100 proof Slivovitz (to celebrate the arrival of my 7 Qt commercial Kitchenaid).
Leafy green salad topped with sliced hard boiled eggs, diced manchego cheese, croutons (cubes of sliced white bread fried in olive oil and garlic), 1 can of King Oscar brand anchovies in olive oil, and an olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic dressing.

Last edited:
justplainbill said:
2 dcl. 100 proof Slivovitz (to celebrate the arrival of my 7 Qt commercial Kitchenaid)..

I had to look this up. Have never heard of it! High proof plum brandy!

Congrats on your new arrival, Bill!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom