Tuesday's Table July 10, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I have 5 lbs of hamburger in the fridge. I'll be making meatloaf. One to cook tonight and one to freeze for later. Mashed potatoes and green beans and salad. It's rainy here today and finally cooling down!

All I know is it will have ground beef in it, as that is what is defrosting. For some inexplicable reason ;) I am suddenly in the mood for meatloaf!

With DH working 3 - 11pm shifts, it means we eat the main meal at 1, which in the hot weather (not complaining) makes me want to do as little cooking as possible.

I made a huge broccoli salad yesterday (with bacon, raisins, grapes, almonds, green onion) so I think I will just make a potato salad to go with it and grill some brats.

With DH working 3 - 11pm shifts, it means we eat the main meal at 1, which in the hot weather (not complaining) makes me want to do as little cooking as possible.

I made a huge broccoli salad yesterday (with bacon, raisins, grapes, almonds, green onion) so I think I will just make a potato salad to go with it and grill some brats.
Still having problems with the neighborhood children, I see. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: (Yes, people, I am joking!) :angel:

Avocado dogs - Grilled Hebrew National hot dogs smeared w/ mustard, topped with diced onion, diced avocado w/ a squeeze of lime juice on toasted buns. Cold macaroni salad on the side. Peaches were 59 cents a pound, so I'd like to utilize them in a peach crostata.

We had mum over for dinner and we made our Lemon Chicken and Cream Cheese Pasta and some lovely garlic bread...with lots of garlic :yum:

Mum loved it :)

We had mum over for dinner and we made our Lemon Chicken and Cream Cheese Pasta and some lovely garlic bread...with lots of garlic :yum:

Mum loved it :)

Is the recipe posted Kylie? I'd love to try this.

Our dinner tonight is going to be made by someone else. Bugs is going to make a hearty killer coleslaw, and we're going to do some rice for my tummy. As far as anything else goes...its all up in the air. Ken says he'll BBQ whatever I take out, but I have to work up the energy to go look for it. Its still Africa hot here. Humidex rating made it over 40ºC yesterday. Just as hot today but we at least have a breeze and the hope of a thunderstorm later.

Tonight will be beef enchiladas. Easy peasy with sauce and meat from the freezer and some fresh corn tortillas and cheese.

did your appliances do something wrong, babe? are you going to have a rally against the kitchen?
:)

i'm not sure what's for dinner tonight.there's dozens of restaurants from all over the world within easy walking distance, and i don't want anything.

i'm so sick of eating takeout. i could go for some plain, homecooked comfort food.

poor me. :sleep:

Got some homemade chicken soup here with your name on it BT. Fresh pasta too. Probably too hot for that though.

oh man, i wish i was there.

i could bring sushi? lol, j/k.

i'm really in the mood for roast turkey for some reason. maybe i'll go to a diner for a hot open roast turkey sammich,

Center cut pork chops braised in white wine and smothered with onions bell peppers and celery. Roasted red potato quarters. Fresh veggie tray on the side at our house tonight.

The bratwurst got changed out for some "cheater" chicken souvlaki kabobs, but we made a huge dent in the broccoli salad.

The kabobs were a cheat because they were frozen and already marinated. I don't think I will get them again because the meat was small chunks and dried out quickly on the grill.

For evening meal I am having banana chips, tortilla chips with cheese dip and chocolate ice cream :pig:

Like babetoo, I'm boycotting cooking - too hot!

Good as those pork chops sound :yum: (salivating here...!) I think dinner will be chilled artichoke hearts, deli ham and assorted cheeses, and crackers. That'll have to do. :chef::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom