Valentine's Day dinner Suggestions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
soo what is everybody going to cook for Valentine's day? Anybody doing anything special?
:chef:

We're going out for our big Celebration... a few days early.
but on heart day
I think I'll make pasta with clam sauce
fresh veggies and heart shaped cookies for dessert.

I'm not sure yet - something special, at least for dessert. My folks may be over so I was thinking of making stuffed shells - lots of meatballs, too. DH is doing atkins diet again, so that would leave him out though. Will be watching thread for ideas.

I always cook the same thing - may change it up - don't know yet.

The 4th Street Tuna Tartare recipe I have entered at Epicurious

Mesclun mix with a homemade blueberry vinaigrette but since I forgot to make it I'll make a Chardonnay vinaigrette - I'll put blueberries, strawberries,a nd slivered almonds for sure on the salad

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...chops-728.html?highlight=Wildfire+Horseradish

Potatoes Dauphinois

Roasted Asparagus (might do wrapped in asparagus and goat cheese)

We're not dessert eaters

And then again - - - - I may do burgers for a change - with a great red wine to make sure the cost of the dinner stays up there! :rolleyes:

Just celebrate a few days early
Lefselover. Love is great when ever you celebrate it.

i'm thinking of doing lollipop lamb chops, potatoes with chorizo and fish broth (i know it sounds weird, but it's really good), and roasted butternut squash with honey. for dessert, maybe an espresso creme brulee.

i'm not sure about the lamb tho. the last time i made a leg o' the critter, it was kinda gamey, or stinky. i love all kinds of lamb and goat, but dw doen't like the stinkier ones. i've found aussie lamb has a stronger flavor, so she prefers american lamb. (and no, i'm not touching that one. :) )

i may completely switch gears and do a thai dish called pla lui suan. it is breaded and fried fillet of fish, topped with an unripened white mango and red onion slaw, and cashews, with a side of jasmine rice. it depends on if i can find all of the ingredients. dessert with this will be ripe mango slices over sticky rice, topped with a sweetened coconut milk sauce.

buckytom said:
i may completely switch gears and do a thai dish called pla lui suan. it is breaded and fried fillet of fish, topped with an unripened white mango and red onion slaw, and cashews, with a side of jasmine rice. it depends on if i can find all of the ingredients. dessert with this will be ripe mango slices over sticky rice, topped with a sweetened coconut milk sauce.

I'd go with that! Sounds very interesting and tasty! A lot of different textures.

dh will be working.:( But on Sunday, we'll be leaving the kids with the neighbor and going out to dinner!!! It's been a long time and I really need some time alone with my husband. All we will talk about is the kids.:LOL:

buckytom said:

That sounds wonderful - yum. I love anything with mangoes.
I am going to try the Steak Diane recipe that was in this past Wednesday's NY Times, along with goat cheese potato casserole, roasted asparagus and chocolate/peanut butter molten lava cakes.
Oh and LOTS of red wine :-p

I'm not sure yet. I know my husband would like filet mignon with roasted new potatoes, and creme brulee for dessert. I'd rather have lobster and the creme brulee, and my daughter doesnt eat beef, so she would love a lobster too, but unfortunately they charge outrageous prices for lobster during a holiday. So, I dont really know what to make.

Back
Top Bottom