Was machst du heute abend 12-5-13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
What are you doing this evening? For dinner of course. We are having chicken fried steak, mashies, gravy and green vegi.

I think it should, technically, be kochst and not machst. Cooking vs. making. But I haven't spoken German for 30 years.

Ich koche lasagna. Ausgesichnet (sp?)

I'm going to a neighborhood civic league holiday potluck tonight. I have rosemary-black pepper biscuits in the oven as my contribution. Not sure whether DH is going yet or not. I guess it depends on how ambitious he is about making himself something to eat ;)

BACON! Bacon, bacon, bacon bacon, bacon. Num, num, num! We're having BACON!

BLTs to be exact.

Ah, technicalities. For want of a horse ...:angel::LOL:

It was a bright sunny day, giving an impression it is a nice day. It is. It is also only 5 degrees F.

The larder is full and I am a happy man.

Not sure which Mediterranean area to take advantage of on such a day, or why choose just one to feel coziest, I decided to make spaghetti because I baked a pan of meatballs today, extra meatballs to the freezer, some garlic/rosemary pita toasts shmeared with pesto from the freezer, and salad with a lemony Dijon vinaigrette and greek olives.

Tonight I'm making a sandwich with the wonderful bacon club sandwich meat BIL sent us home with, a combination of turkey and ham, some bacon, all in one loaf. And there will be Gruyere.

Last edited:
Nice thick-cut pork chops with a blackberry glaze, potato pancakes, and homemade sauerkraut, fresh out of the crock. :yum:

First meal in a week that didn't involve leftovers.

We went out for supper with my best friend, to Casa Grecque. Stirling and I have looked at their "grilled platter for two", but it seemed like too much food. It was the right amount for three people. Four pork medaillons wrapped in bacon, two skewers of large shrimp, two chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, rice, gravy/sauce, melted butter, and lemon wedges. Oh yeah, all you can eat salad bar with good stuff like taramosalata and two house made soups. All of it was yummy, even the chicken breasts were tasty and juicy. Very pleasant evening.

I'm still experimenting with American southern cooking. We had fried country ham, grits with bacon bits in it, steamed kale with lemon juice drizzled on it, and baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar on them.

It was very good!

With love,
~Cat

Do I need to sign up for a lessons in German in order to be part of this forum? The Roseta Stone is very expensive. :angel:

Well I'm half German and don't speak any! I didn't even realize we had a dinner thread last night until this showed up on top of the page and I actually read who started it and where it was :LOL:

Last night I had grilled potatoes and ribeye and steamed asparagus.

>>Do I need to sign up for a lessons in German in order to be part of this forum? The Roseta Stone is very expensive.

only if you want to lob mini-bombs at people.

the Rosetta stone is not only costly, it's real dang heavy. so unless you're prepared to break your neck defending your defense, pass.

es geht sowohl "was machst du heute" (zu essen?) als auch "was kochst du heute? ;)

It was a little bit confusing to find a german title, I must admit... :rolleyes:

I went to the christmas market with some colleagues and had champignons with garlic sauce and later on hot feta in bread ;o)

Geschmorte Lammhaxen (in Rotwein) mit Schwarze Kardamom, Steinpilze dazu. lecker und preiswert!

braised lamb shanks (in red wine) with black cardamom pods. served with ceps fried in butter and garlic. cheap and delicious!

Geschmorte Lammhaxen (in Rotwein) mit Schwarze Kardamom, Steinpilze dazu. lecker und preiswert!

braised lamb shanks (in red wine) with black cardamom pods. served with ceps fried in butter and garlic. cheap and delicious!

By ceps, if you are talking about porcini mushrooms, they are not cheap in the US, fresh or dried!:(

a bit more expensive than champignons, but around this time of the year affordable in G..

If some one wants, I can try to teach German ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom