Wednesday 1/11/2017 What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have all my meat and veggies prepped and ready to go for beef stew in my Instantpot.

Grilled heads-on shrimp with a bulgogi-type dressing/marinade, with a bean sprout salad. Craig had some thin spaghetti with his.

37240-albums1041-picture6826.jpg

Free Give-Away, 2 for 1's Hurry Hurry, before the next warm spell and it's all gone!! Snow-- by the shovel full or bucket full or truck load. Where: my back yard.

Southwestern flavored baked chicken breast, buttered corn and green beans +white beans+ cuke marinated salad.

One thing I love so much about the dinner thread, is how often I'm inspired.

Tonight it was you Med with your bean sprout salad. I picked up some beautiful sprouts at the Dollar store yesterday so I went hunting for a recipe and came across one I liked for tonight. It tastes delicious. I never would have thought of it without inspiration. I'll do some Asian inspired fried pork loin pork chops soon and have a great meal. The best, is it all works into my low carb diet. I'll do some Jasmine rice for my SousChef.

One never knows who you might inspire! Let's hear it for the dinner thread!!:clap:

Last edited:
I made beef stew for the first time in my Instantpot. Browned beef cubes, beef broth, wine to deglaze hit the meat/stew button and 35 minutes later OMG the beef was so tender!! 5 more minutes to cook the veggies. I am so happy with this pot! If you factor in the up to pressure and pressure release time I guess it took 1 1/2 hours start to finish.

I was in Seattle all day yesterday getting an MRI and this morning I had a dental appointment. Needless to say, I haven't eaten much for two days. So tonight, I had to go pick up a prescription and opted for Burger King on the way home. I asked them if they could make a hamburger with Percocet in it and they said no. I asked what happened to 'have it your way'. All I got was a 'I feel your pain, but sorry' and a laugh.

At least I can chew on the right side, but if anyone thinks I'm cooking and washing dishes or anything else tonight, they are sadly mistaken. As soon as 8pm rolls around and I can take my meds, I'm off to bed.

Dentist visits are inventions of the devil.

Sorry you had a run in with the devil...I mean dentist, rr. Hope you feel better soon.

On-the-road food. Stopped at Friendly's. Himself had a patty melt with onion rings, I had a tuna melt with broccoli. Since we're over 60, we each got a free small sundae! Nice surprise, since we haven't been to a Friendly's in a couple of years. 10% discount on the food, too. Toss in our super-sweet server, and it was a nice stop.

One thing I love so much about the dinner thread, is how often I'm inspired.

Tonight it was you Med with your bean sprout salad. I picked up some beautiful sprouts at the Dollar store yesterday so I went hunting for a recipe and came across one I liked for tonight. It tastes delicious. I never would have thought of it without inspiration. I'll do some Asian inspired fried pork loin pork chops soon and have a great meal. The best, is it all works into my low carb diet. I'll do some Jasmine rice for my SousChef.

One never knows who you might inspire! Let's hear it for the dinner thread!!:clap:
This is the recipe I used for the Bean Sprout Salad and I'll use it again, although it took some extra preparation, it was excellent and well worth the effort. I used spring onion as the garnish.

Bean Sprout Salad with Soy Sauce Dressing Recipe : Food Network

Last edited:
This is the recipe I used for the Bean Sprout Salad and I'll use it again, although it took some extra preparation, it was excellent and well worth the effort. I used spring onion as the garnish.

Bean Sprout Salad with Soy Sauce Dressing Recipe : Food Network

That does look good. I'll use it next time, as mine lacked a little flavor. It was just the basic prep I use for bibimbap, where the sprouts are just a part of the whole dish. I did bump up the garlic, green onions, and sesame oil, but it was still kind of bland.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom