Wednesday 10-21-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Were porking out tonight.

Got a head start last night. Put a pork butt in the crock pot all night on low.Will be making different versions of pulled pork egg rolls.Fried rice, noodles.

Might try one of these recipe ideas.They all look good.

Nibble Me This: BBQ Eggroll

:pig::pig::LOL:

Hi. For dinner tonight we will be having pork chops, green beans and not sure what else.

Salmon steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, and broc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chef Munky-- I didn't know it is possible to make 4 egg rolls. Hurrah. Usually, it's reverse, try to cut recipes down rather than double for more.

I can't decide if I should make a spicy burger-bean type burrito or a bean- burger type quesadilla. I have makings for guacamole on the side, so either will be good.

Hit the wrong button and managed to merge 3 separate dinner posts into one. Sorry, guys :blush:

I'm having a smothered burrito, using up leftovers. The last of the pulled pork (almost), refried black beans, rice, onions, and jalapenos, topped with a good amount of Herdez salsa verde and homemade pico de gallo. Maybe a dollop of sour cream.

What I call Slop here. Frozen mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes and cheese.

I'm having a smothered burrito, using up leftovers. The last of the pulled pork (almost), refried black beans, rice, onions, and jalapenos, topped with a good amount of Herdez salsa verde and homemade pico de gallo. Maybe a dollop of sour cream.

I also added sliced avocado in that already overstuffed burrito. It was delicious. Couldn't finish it all, so leftovers for breakfast. :yum:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 171
That looks just awesome Cheryl!

I grilled chicken marinated thighs SC had a baked spud, and we both had glorified salads.
We always eat dinner at our breakfast bar, and watch the news on our kitchen TV.
We don't have the option of fast forwarding through the commercials on that TV, and the commercials during dinner time are enough to make you lose your appetite.

Toe nail fungus, vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction, bloating and gas, urinary dysfunction, the horror of Shingles. Thank goodness for the mute button so we can eat.

Thank you, Dawg and Kay. It was all from fridge and freezer leftovers, 'need to use' perishables, and the Herdez salsa verde is always in the fridge. Thank goodness burritos are so forgiving. ;) :)

I made three different entrees tonight. We ate only one! ;) It was chicken breast simmered in white wine with fresh oregano and thyme, shallots and mushrooms. Used the pan juices to make a reduction by adding a bit more wine and a few pats of butter. Asparagus (that apparently was in a snow storm) was our veggie.

Attachments

• 2015-10-21 21.23.01.jpg
    2015-10-21 21.23.01.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 142
That looks good, CG. What happened to the other two?

I am still down with another chest cold and kidney infection so not eating much. Kay tried making me perogies thinking they would be comfort food, but just a little rich. I ended up just having some buttered crackers and a few minutes ago I had an apple.

Chicken and Andouille gumbo that Craig made Sunday (and has been snacking on :rolleyes: since even though it was supposed to be a dinner first), with rice.

I made quite a good discovery!

I had some cooked cauliflower left over and knew that I was going to make spag bols. I didn't think the cauliflower would go well (in size i.e. lumpy) with this but I crumbled it up quite small - same size as the mince. It was a wonderful addition to the mince mostly providing another dimension of texture. More interesting to eat than plain spag bols. Try it!

That looks good, CG. What happened to the other two?...
Well, LP, "Dinner Two" was for tonight (smothered chicken). I did the real cooking yesterday, and all I had to do was make veggie sides while the chicken heated and then the cheese melted.

Dinner Three will happen over and over - I made 6 quarts of spaghetti sauce. Three containers went into the freezer for us, another two for our kids when we go to OH for Christmas (fingers crossed), a quart to my SIL, and almost two quarts set aside for lasagna - which will feed us twice with more to take up the hill to my SIL's house.

Back
Top Bottom