Wednesday, 12/7/16, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having tasso pasta. It's quick and easy to do. Matchsticked zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and the tasso ham in a cream sauce on pasta.

We'll also get the always fun chore :rolleyes: of cutting the pug's nails; thus, the quick and easy dinner. Pugs are notorious for hating to get their nails done, squirming, crying like you are trying to kill them, some even a little bitey. I've seen pics where people have put them in baby onesies and strung them up from a tree or clothesline to do their nails. We don't even bother taking them someplace to get them done. Last couple of times, we got them back and the very tippy tips of the nails were the only thing that got cut and not even all of them. It took years for our previous pugs to get old enough and settled enough that I was able to cut their nails by myself and even then it was a prolonged affair as they had to be soothed with belly rubs after each nail was cut.

Lol, Med, I'm not even home from work yet, contemplating breakfast, and now you're making me think of dinner.

As a quick guess, I know we have the fixins for a stir fry, but DW also went food shopping yesterday so who knows. I'm kinda craving grilled lamb shoulder chops, or maybe a london broil. It'll depend on what time I get up later.

Btw, if you want to hear screaming like someone's murdering a child, and maybe donate some blood at the same time, try cutting this guy's nails:

Attachments

• 20151220_095057.jpg
    20151220_095057.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 167
Our dinner was decided on last night when I got nails dug into me with resultant indentations in my skin by one of the pugs trying to climb up me and be a "parrot pug." She's always liked to sit on a shoulder or up close to it, especially Craig's, since she was a baby. I've got pics of them in the recliner with her napping on daddy's shoulder with her head buried in his neck/hair.

I know about the parrots. We had an upstairs neighbor once that had a parrot that screamed bloody murder every time the vacuum was run. We thought they guy was beating his wife on a regular basis every Saturday morning until we made it a point to meet them after a couple of weeks of that before calling the cops.

Lol. My Moluccan, Beethoven, screams bloody murder, and my African Grey, Louie, tells him to shut the f up. All on a daily basis.

Louie has a very dirty mouth. He just said "what's this with dinner at f'n 8 o'clock in the morning?"

Just kidding.

He can't tell time on the analog clock in their room. :cool:

Last edited:
If all goes as planned it will be homemade meatballs and red sauce over cheese ravioli. If all goes bad it will be whatever someone wants to order. I didn't get much sleep and all my joints are screaming.

I'm Nesco-ing a 5 lb. pork shoulder roast. High heat at first to brown, then turned the heat down to slow cook. Smells delicious in here. I think I'll make mashed potatoes, gravy with the pork drippin's, and steam some broccoli for sides.

I'm not feeling very well this afternoon, so I'm going for an easy dinner tonight - Trader Joe's Orange Chicken over rice. I'll also make a simple salad with romaine, cucumbers, shredded carrots and honey-sesame dressing.

Finally done making homemade meatballs and sauce. I have 36 medium size meatballs and about a quart of sauce on the stove for dinner tonight. 5 pints of sauce are cooling in the quick cool crisper then will go in freezer.

I only got about three hours sleep in the past two days. I am beat and I gave myself several nicks here and there because my fingers are numb and joints are screaming. DD is going to cook the cheese ravioli for me.

Oh dear, GG and MsM, hope you both get to feeling better soon!

We have the leftover grocery store Hunan pork swill that DH picked up yesterday, along with a nice chunk of my defrosted lasagna. I'm definitely leaning toward the lasagna.

Last edited:

We have the leftover grocery store Hunan pork swill that DH picked up yesterday, along with a nice chunk of my defrosted lasagna. I'm definitely leaning toward the lasagna.

Thank you, sweetie!

Hmmm. Swill or lasagna? Swill or lasagna? Tough choice...

:LOL:

Thank you. Dinner was wonderful and I am going to relax and give my hands a rest for awhile.

mofet and GG, feel better soon.

I took the night off so I could get the Christmas decorations up on the house tomorrow and the garage cleaned up. I picked up the snowblower, got a birthday card for my sister, and came home to an empty house. Dw just took my boy to his MMA gym, so since they ate earlier I'm going to treat myself to garlic dusted grilled lamb chops and onions, and a nuked spud with herbs de provence laced sour cream. :yum:

Last edited:
Bucky T, herbes de Provence is one of my favourite blends. At school we halved tomatoes, rubbed the cut side generously with the herbs and topped with a mixture of parmesan, bread crumbs, and melted butter. Then we baked them until the tomato was warm and the cheese was slightly brown and bubbly! I can't eat tomatoes, but they were a very popular item!

Ms M and GG I hope you both feel better soon! I had a minor procedure done this morning and am feeling a little wiped out from that (and not sleeping well last night).

So, I will be having a couple of the cod cakes I made the other day as I only have to heat them. I am going to steam some brussel sprouts and roast cauliflower as my sides. Yum! I am feeling better just thinking about it!

I was handling Estate business at the bank, running errands, etc., in town so on the way home, I picked up BK value meals for the Elders. Otherwise, they were going to get butternut squash soup and grilled cheese, but by the time I dodged a couple of deer on the icy roads and made it back to homebase, I was in no mood to cook.

Back
Top Bottom