Wednesday 2/1/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm planning to break down a whole chicken. Bones, back, skin, both wings and one breast will go into soup. Both the legs quarters and one breast (cut in half) will be roasted for DD's dinner.

Last edited:
We had The Greek ladies chicken meatballs with baked potatoes wedges and some vegetables. Due to storm in south of Europe and due to being winter in the north, lettuce, cucumber , tomatoes and all the normal salad stuff is so expensive I cannot afford them.
I how ever i got hold on 2 pointy bell pepper, a cosmopolitan lettuce and a small box of baby plum tomatoes last week when I had bonus check a and that means when they are gone, we are going to eat roots and tuber and all that stuff.

Greek style pasta and shrimp. Gulf shrimp, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and feta. I made a batch of angel hair in the pasta machine this afternoon. We'll have half tonight, and the other half in a few days.

baked herbed chicken parts. bone in skin on. Hope enough juices accumulate to make gravy. Mashed taters, frozen pea pods and spinach salad. New container of gorgonzola and sliced radish. I made red jello for dessert with sliced bananas to keep it from being too jiggly.

Manicotti al forno. Scratch made crespelles quarter-folded with filling of moz and fontinella with parm on top.

Spaghetti and marinara mushroom sauce. Some salad if I feel like it.

I roasted some chicken thighs rubbed with Penzeys Mural of Flavor and soy sauce and made mashed potatoes and gravy. Was planning to make green beans as well but ran out of spoons/energy.

browned ground beef w/pickles and cheese, green beans, zucchini

Made Rosy Beranbaun's Chicken Pot Pie yesterday. It was delicious!

I'd post pics but my pie crust-making skills aren't up to snuff (yet).

Most likely, I'll be making a lot of pies this month, so hopefully I can post some here. I'm getting better each time!

Back
Top Bottom