Wednesday 5/21/14 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi all, I'm still around, just not as often as I'd like to be - lots going on. :)

I found some pulled pork in the freezer today, so I'm going to season it with a little Arizona Dreaming and have a couple of tacos.

What's everyone having tonight? :chef:

Tonight was a pita sandwich with whole wheat pita, hummus, tomatoes, navy beans, sweet onion, red bell pepper, lettuce, black olives, and extra sharp cheddar. Fresh corn on the side.

Nuke 'n puke. Whatever is in the freezer, that's what I'm having. I think I saw a Lean Cuisine fettuccine and shrimp. Looks like a leading contender.

I'm in full business no fun mode at present. Closing escrow Friday. Wondering if colonoscopies are as bad as I've heard....

I mean, just as intrusive but in your face instead of involving other bodily parts. No anesthesia in escrows either, except maybe the Margarita I'm drinking. Seems to help.

Last edited:
I cleaned out the freezer today and found not one but two, small corned beef briskets.
I've had them in the crockpot all day, but mainly wanted to cook them for sandwiches and CB hash. Since I don't have the veggies to go with them, I guess it's sandwiches tonight and wrap up the rest for the fridge.

Escrow Greg? You aren't moving, are you?

Pork picatta with mashed potatoes and spinach done up like a new member mentioned.

I cooked up two pounds of bacon and we had BLTs tonight. We used scali bread for the toast so the sandwiches were extra big. I added some sliced purple onion to mine.

Nothing, I'm afraid. Worked late then went with a friend out to my brother's cabin to pick up my tiller so we can try to get it fixed. I need to till up some garden in my mother's yard so she can have a few tomaters and beans this year. Too late to eat due to the ol' hiatus hernia. I may have some potato vodka. At least it has a food word in it....

We split the last of the pork burgers with lotsa BBQ sauce and pickles.

I cubed a couple of potatoes, boiled those. Grated some paneer cheese, tossed a 2" x 2" cube of frozen fennugreek leaves in, added roasted cumin + coriander seed, and gama marsala. It was really tasty. I have fennugreek seeds and am definitely going to be tossing those in the herb garden.

I made a quesadilla with seasoned shredded beef, cheddar cheese and tomatoes, topped with sour cream, salsa and diced avocado. Good stuff.

Escrow Greg? You aren't moving, are you?

Buying, renting. To, not from. Retirement plan. Far as I know they'll carry me out of my Valencia house feet first, after the defibrillator guy gives up. :)

Really, I love the Santa Clarita Valley, IMO one of the nicest places in Los Angeles County. We are in the NW corner of LA county.

Last edited:
Change of plans. Smoked pork meat with onions, sauted. Maybe on top of brown rice, maybe just the meat. Spinach salad with walnuts, red onions, gorgonzola and a balsamic dressing.

Back
Top Bottom