Wednesday 9/14 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take out chinese tonight. Ken still isn't home, I JUST got home and daughter #1 is picking up daughter #2 at dance. I came home from work and turned around and ran out the door taking #2 to physio and then dance lessons. I hate feeling like I'm doing the hurry up and wait thing when I have a lot to do. I'm too tired to cook now so there will be salt and pepper ribs, BBQ pork chow mein, beef shanghai noodles, diced chicken and almond and chicken fried rice. AHHHHH! Comfort food!

Tonight I experimented with a made up pizza recipe. Handmade 1/2 whole wheat crust; a Mark Bittman recipe. The sauce was canned tomatoes with rosemary and garlic simmered with a splash of red wine. I topped it with sautéed onions & portobello mushrooms, fontina cheese, olives, and rocket.

Overall, pretty good, but the olives killed some of the subtler flavors.

No, it wasn't a special day. A friend of mine has an 89 year old father, and they throw reunions every few years. It is just that, a reunion of people who served together. Many WWII units do that. There are, for obvious reasons, fewer and fewer of them. The special day to look for is 11/11. That is the day we celebrate the living, breathing, wonderful veterans in our lives.

Last edited:
What day is that? My father came out to visit me and didn't even say anything about it being a special day.

My town store's meat counter was loaded with Hormel tenderloins with some kind of apple marinade. No plain ones, but plenty of alreaady marinated tenderloins.
No, it wasn't a special day. A friend was having a WWII reunion and I had them over. As for special days, November 11 (11/11) is the day, and many people treat it as if it is memorial day. No! Support your local living veteran!!!

That's nice they have a get together for no special reason like that, Claire.

We had breakfast sausage, biscuits and over easy eggs.

img_1049232_0_44fd4fe1c53771f27611f9eb43b320ee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom