Wednesday 9/20/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
As of now all I know is it will probably be chicken. ?

Little Pepper kitty jumped in my lap when I was typing. One of my other cats scared her. I have to do a lot of ruffle smoothing.

Last edited:
Roasted, spatchcocked Cornish hen, wild rice and homemade creamed spinach.

SO and I ate out at a Mexican restaurant and aren't very hungry. We'll just snack tonight.

Our dinner.

Attachments

• 2017-09-20 18.00.19.jpg
    2017-09-20 18.00.19.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 120
Awhile back, I made a big pot of my "Paniolo Chili"
(that's Hawaiian for Cowboy),
an adaptation of a Cook's Country recipe...
divided it up for the deep freeze and
pulled one of out to defrost this morning.

Paniolo Chili and Rice.jpg

served over steamed White Rice and a side of
Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers is a must for DH.
I just wished that I had some sour cream to
dollop :yum:

I was going to make a pizza because it's National Pepperoni Pizza Day, but decided on a Carnegie Deli special instead: Hot pastrami on deli rye, potato salad, creamy cole slaw, and a seltzer because I have no cream soda

Tonight was the boy's night to cook, so when he got home from school he dug in the freezer and found frozen poo-fish filets (Tilapia).

He decided to do them simply dredged in paprika, salt, and pepper seasoned flour, then pan fry them. He made quinoa cooked in chicken stock and a dried veggie seasoning on the side.

Everything was really delicious. The Tilapia tasted just like the fish sticks my mother used to make when I was small, and I've never liked quinoa much... before tonight that is.

So now he plans on cooking something for us on Friday. We should be done cleaning the kitchen by then.

Last edited:
I went shopping with a neighbor today (including a stop at the Restaurant Supply store), and we had lunch at Whataburger. So, tonight is a grazing night.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom