Wednesday, 9/21 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I picked up some good meats at Rouses this morning. Crawfish Pies 3/$4, Alligator sausage (pork & alligator) 1# for $5, frozen breaded chicken pieces 3# for $5.15 and... 2 beautiful large rib eye steaks ($5.77/#)

I guess I'll have one of those gorgeous steaks for dinner and maybe a crawfish pie for lunch.

I'm looking forward to trying the alligator/pork sausage soon. I tried the boudin and it was really good.

What's cooking at your house?:chef:

I have a beef roast in the crockpot for Italian beef sandwiches with provolone cheese.

Zhizara - never heard of alligator sausage. You'll have to let us know how you like them.

Last edited:
I'll be doing a beef based stir-fry with some veggies tonight. Probably something I'll be able to serve over rice.

I'm going to take the extra breaded tenderloin I made Sunday and reheat it with some gravy on top. If I go to the store for something green I'll probably pick up some mushrooms, in which case I'll make mushroom gravy. Thinking of a salad, too. I picked up some nice moist, stinky blue cheese the other day that I want to try on something.

I stopped at the store while my youngest was doing her physio. I picked up a little tiny chicken. Its so cute! I bet its only about 4lbs! I put it in the clay pot with potatoes and onions under it. I totally forgot to dig up some carrots. I rubbed it with LEMON and thyme inside and out and then peppered it. I'll turn it on low and leave it for dinner for the crew. Hope they leave me some for munching on after work!

Spaghetti sauce is in the crockpot, but of course, DH isn't "feeling" spaghetti, tonight. I'm half tempted to tell him to find something for himself. :)

Spaghetti sauce is in the crockpot, but of course, DH isn't "feeling" spaghetti, tonight. I'm half tempted to tell him to find something for himself. :)

Good thought! The great thing about crockpot spaghetti is that its even better the next day. If he isn't "feeling" spaghetti, hand him your favorite take out menu! Hahahahaha!!!

Good thought! The great thing about crockpot spaghetti is that its even better the next day. If he isn't "feeling" spaghetti, hand him your favorite take out menu! Hahahahaha!!!

:LOL: GREAT idea!

I have a beef roast in the crockpot for Italian beef sandwiches with provolone cheese.

Zhizara - never heard of alligator sausage. You'll have to let us know how you like them.

I definitely will. I'll probably try some tomorrow.

What kind of salmon?

frozen salmon..:D

lol, sorry alix. i'm quite punchy today from exhaustion. you know you're tired when you see your shadow move while you've been sitting still. :huh:

if the rain holds off, i'm taking my boy fishing while dw makes lasagna.

I think I'll do up some chicken nuggets and french fries with salads. We haven't had this for a while and it's one of our favorites.

buckytom, go have a nap for goodness sakes! You did make me laugh though.

MrsHutto, good luck! ;)

Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast with a bit of Sweet Baby Ray's, Some good for you crappy veggie medley and Jasmine Rice.

Note: I love veggies, but this frozen mix is nasty.IMHO

I'll be doing a beef based stir-fry with some veggies tonight. Probably something I'll be able to serve over rice.

Change in plans. An unexpected visit from a neighbor cut into dinner prep time enough to cause a switch to leftovers for tonight's dinner.

For an appetizer I cooked ups some mini chicken and cabbage wontons I bought frozen at Costco. They were quite good.

It ain't leftovers if you add gravy to it and cook everything else fresh :angel:
OK, maybe it's still leftovers ;)

Attachments

• salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 191
  • dinner 9-21-11.jpg
    dinner 9-21-11.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 154
Back
Top Bottom