Wednesday Dinner - 1/3/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were out running around today, and one store was across the parking lot from a Red Lobster, so we had Linner about 3 pm. Dx had some shrimp scampi, kind of tasteless she says, I had grilled walleye. Salads and really good coffee today. Their cheese garlic biscuits were good as ever.

We had fish tonight.

GD and I had pan seared salmon, mashed potatoes and green peas. SO had baked haddock.

I've been down with my back so SC went to KFC and picked up two of their Chicken Pot Pies. These are sure not what you'd buy frozen in the grocery!
They are not only good, but generous and delicious with big chunks of white chicken and veggies in a tasty cream gravy topped with the best tender golden crust ever!!
If you have a chance, try them. I bet you'll be impressed too.

We did a West Side Market run, so we nibbled on apple fritter on the way to a bakery shop co-owned by a high school classmate of Loverly's and his brother. They have very good pastries; we figured she deserved a pound box of kolachky for putting up with us. ;) By the time we got home, we weren't really interested in food, so we rummaged. Himself had some ham and finished up the leftover veggies that were cooked for that dinner. I sliced the last smoked pork chop and made a sandwich out of it with the last of a loaf of bread. I also had an apple so that my entire day wasn't spent eating junk carbs and cured meats.:LOL:

I made meatballs with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and homegrown dried oregano. I had some extra gnocchi from chicken & gnocchi soup I made last week, so I boiled them and browned them with browned butter-sage sauce and a bit of lemon zest. By the time I got the braised veggies going, I was too tired to make another sauce for the meatballs, so I mixed them in with the gnocchi. Turned out pretty well, although I slightly overcooked the gnocchi.
0103182019a.jpg

We were out running around today, and one store was across the parking lot from a Red Lobster, so we had Linner about 3 pm. Dx had some shrimp scampi, kind of tasteless she says, I had grilled walleye. Salads and really good coffee today. Their cheese garlic biscuits were good as ever.

Love Red Lobster's biscuits.
I buy the boxes on Amazon so we can have them when we want.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Lobster-...rd_wg=7M1JE&psc=1&refRID=ZD0SB693B70955EAFMTD

Have no idea what's for dinner tonight.The butcher's not picking up the phone.Time to use my back up super secret #. My son's cell.Talk about pulling rank.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom