Wednesday dinner plans, November 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lefse. i like the idea of a stuffed meatloaf instead of homogenizing all of the ingredients. i'll have to give this one a try. thanks
oh good Bucky, you may end up with too much of the filling as I did but used it elsewhere so it didn't matter. it's hard to seam up the meatloaf so if you overstuff, it'll seep out all over and you don't want that. the glaze is delish too, hope you do make it, don't think you'll be disappointed.
I have one of those wireless meat thermometers and I set it for 145° as I read that others stop their meatloaf at 135° and wanted to make sure it read the meat, not the filling<creamy stuff.

Last edited:
I just finished a pot of venison veggie and barley soup.
It smells wonderful... Now... If I could just get Paul to come home from work. :)

We had grilled pastrami & swiss cheese sandwiches with wheatberry salad & a curried pasta salad.

I went out to lunch on Wednesday (yesterday) and was so full still by dinner time that I just went with a basic ham sandwich with fresh bread. It was lovely though.

My lunch menu was much more interesting though. We started with a small mezze plate to share which included a pesto dip, spicy tomato soup shooters, mini quiches, a dahl, eggplant and zuchini slice, and a very tasty chicken skewer served with tomato risoni. There were another couple of tasters but can't recall what they were. This was followed by a crab and mussel angelhair pasta dish with halved cherry tomatoes (the mussels were overcooked unfortunately - otherwise very tasty) and my friend had grilled calamari salad. They had been a bit heavy handed with the serving oil though and had smothered the calamari strips with it as well which did nothing for the taste and cooled the strips down too much.

Last night was Turkey Taco night, with all the usual trimmings (salsa, shredded cheddar, chopped mixed baby lettuces, diced fresh tomato, & diced Vidalia onion).

Back
Top Bottom