Wednesday Dinner Table 9/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally made the Cuban sandwiches I've been lusting after since buying my griddle. Turned out pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Thanks to everyone who wrote in to tell me it was yellow mustard; it gave the right vinegar-y flavor that I couldn't figure out!

I too lusted for Cubans and the posting on Monday made it almost a necessity. Fortunately I went shopping Tuesday. I had to buy bread (French), dill pickles, and Swiss cheese. I had thawed the leftover pork and used Jenny-O turkey ham.

Since I was unable to slice very thinly like the Cubans from Florida, I ended up with thicker slices.

It was WONDERFUL! The thicker slices made it better than I had before.

The huge loaf of French bread. I sliced the whole thing in half lengthwise then into thirds. I used one third for the Cuban, ate half and put the other half in the fridge to nuke later.

I just used my large teflon frying pan and placed my 8" cast iron skillet on top for weight. I used the #2 temperature setting for slow toasting, although even at that lower temperature the insides weren't very warm and I nuked it for 1 minute after to just soften the Swiss cheese a little.

The other 2/3 of the French bread went into the freezer for more Cubans and if enough left, garlic bread.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom