Wednesday July 6th - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
No idea for me at the moment. We've cleaned out the fridge and I am not feeling fantastic (headache dang it) so I'm not willing to shop. I think I have some teeny raviolis I might do with a nice tomato sauce.

I haven't really had to plan or cook an entire meal for 3 days now! So I guess I'm on the hook to that tonight. I'm thinking of doing up a batch of goulash. It was going to something with hamburger or chicken and I'm in the mood for something different. I don't make goulash often so that will be good. I may swap out the elbow macaroni for penne. We'll see how it goes.

I finally got around to making that Paella. Wow! I have been trying to make it for three days. I have something to get done tonight so I figured I would just make it for lunch and microwave some more for supper. This unemployment thing has really gotten my schedule mixed up. I don't miss having to get ready for bed at 8:30, though.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 208
I have a flank steak I will grill for tonight's dinner. I bought some Weber seasonings mixes that are pretty good. I think I'll use the Chicago Steak blend tonight. I'm planning some roasted red potatoes and a tossed salad to go with the steak.

As a side note, I've tried several Weber brand seasonings and marinade mixes that are pretty good. Worth a try.

I like Weber's seasoning salt, Andy, but all I can find anymore is all of their seasonings besides that one... They must have at least a dozen. I haven't tried any of their other ones yet.

I'm doing leftover ribs tonight. I'll wrap them in foil and reheat on the grill as I'm cooking some potato wedges. I think I'll cut up some celery, too.

I have some faux Alfredo sauce, and some cooked chicken thigh meat in the freezer, so I think I will thaw them out as well as a quart bag of cooked spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce.

I'll have the chicken Alfredo tonight and spaghetti tomorrow.

Last edited:
I finally got around to making that Paella. Wow! I have been trying to make it for three days. I have something to get done tonight so I figured I would just make it for lunch and microwave some more for supper. This unemployment thing has really gotten my schedule mixed up. I don't miss having to get ready for bed at 8:30, though.

Yum!!!!! Haven't had pealla since going to Barcelona 10 yrs ago :( Looks devine RL!!! Wish I were there, if I leave now I'll be there by dinner next week..lol!

We had power cuts yesterday and today so I just made boerewors with mash and gravy to make sure dinner gets done in time :)

I have finally used up all the leftover meat we took camping with us. It has all been cooked, we have eaten some and frozen the rest for DH's work lunches and/or dinners.

I haven't frozen last night's steak so I was thinking of maybe steak salads. It is so hot here and it would be nice not to cook!

I'm feeling kind of blecch and blah (not sick, just not feeling all there--and my lower back hurts when I stand or walk), so I emailed James to see if he can pick up some fast food on his way home from work. If I don't hear from him by 6:00 I will throw some round steak on to cook with some tomato, onion, garlic, and spices, and some spiral macaroni and corn. :huh:

I'm making ribs and we will have baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, salad, and macaroni salad as sides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom