Wednesday supper-August 24th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I am boiling some potatoes with the peel on. I will slice and fry them to go along with the ham steak I bought this morning. We will also have fried eggs and toast.

Home early from work...taking an afternoon off before the weekend mayhem...brining a chicken and will fire up the coals later....cut the grass, pick some garden goodies, maybe skin and freeze a few quarts of tomatoes, batch of hot spicy cucumber relish...

Simple food here, fried falukorv ( sausage from Falun) and peas/carrots and elbow macaronis.

Nothing exciting, leftover spaghetti with clam sauce here. Coffee ice cream.

Going to grill a pork tenderloin I'm going to run with a spice blend to be named later and a tossed salad.

I have country-style pork ribs sitting in the fridge soaking up Penzeys Barbecue 3000. We'll grill them, along with corn on the cob, and I'll make caprese salad.

Last edited:
GG, that sounds really good! I didn't get to Penzeys store but we'll be back there again soon...
SS I hope that `Rita was made with some Patron ;)

For us tonight, an oldie but goodie
56875-albums1036-picture6442.jpg

[file photo]
My version of Malibu Chicken and a nice salad on the side,
for dessert, Tillamook Huckleberry Ice Cream :yum:

GG, that sounds really good! I didn't get to Penzeys store but we'll be back there again soon...

[file photo]

That looks yummy!

I just added to the "What should I buy from Penzeys?" thread ;) Have a great time.

Craig made a brown onion gravy with what was left of his caraway pork roast. Red cabbage German style. Spaetzle for me. Craig finally made his huge German potato dumplings stuffed with bread crumbs, celery, onions sauteed in butter and spiced with poultry seasoning. He'll probably slice 1 in the morning, fry the slices in butter and top with over easy eggs for his breakfast.

Sauerkraut and kielbasa.

mmmmm but once opened there is often not enough Sauerkraut left to heat up.. same with the kielbasa... :pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

..cut the grass, pick some garden goodies, ..
I'll pm you my address and don't forget to bring the goodies...

So I just made a little salad... handful of baby spinach, snow pea sprouts (think I'm going to toss the rest out- starting to look iffy), chunked a radish, chunked an eighth of an English cucumber, deseeded a tomato (seeds give me a belly ache) and chunked that up, then topped it all with a can of OIL-PACKED chunk tuna. Squirted the works with some Italian Dressing and chowed down.

Oh yeah almost forgot :angel:, and a bottle of Chardonnay...

[file photo]

I've not heard of Malibu Chicken before. What is it? It sure looks good!!!

I saved up my daily 50 g. of carbs for dinner tonight.
I had a frozen package of delicious Italian Sunday Gravy, and layered it with some cooked bow tie pasta along with 5 kinds of Italian cheeses in a baked casserole. Yumm.
Spinach salads were the side.

Last edited:
I've not heard of Malibu Chicken before. What is it? It sure looks good!!!

If you've ever been to Sizzler, it's one of their, been around for ever dishes.
Basically it's a breaded & fried b/s Chicken Cutlet (I use thigh meat but they use the breast), a schmear of a (I used honey) mustard then topped with some thinly sliced ham and some swiss cheese, toss it under the broiler to melt the cheese and bob's your uncle... REALLY good. I served it tonight with a simple tossed green salad and it was delicious! :yum:

K-Girl, your Malibu Chicken looks good. Also looks like an outside-in chicken cordon bleu. :yum:

I rubbed up chicken pieces with a half McCormick Grill-Mates Applewood Rub/half Spice House Baharat seasoning last night. Himself tossed it on the grill and charred it nicely while I put the finishing touches on bowls of Balela salad and corn-and-tomato salad. Half of the corn salad was mixed with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming, the other half with Greek Seasoning that is half Spice House and half Penzeys. Sprinkled our servings with a bit of Feta cheese. No, we didn't have coffee with half-and-half for dessert. :LOL: Actually, that's how Himself drinks his coffee earlier in the day, and I'll add a splash of H&H to my second cup, a chaser to my first cup black.

Attachments

• 2016-08-24 20.53.16.jpg
    2016-08-24 20.53.16.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 114

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom