Wednesday's Dinner? 01-07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a craving for a bacon, provolone, genoa salami, tomato, pickled jalapeño and mayonnaise burger on a grilled bun tonight. Cold beer too.

SO agrees, motion carried. Burgers it is!

You can have something else if you'd rather. What's it gonna be?

Wind's blowing like a mad bandit. The brass monkey was brought in last night and, even with sun, it's cold as a witch's tit, as they say here. Perfect day for some form of food in a bowl.

In view of the fact that we were given a 15-pound cured country ham for Christmas, white beans with ham made the cut for tonight's meal. Glenn and I had cut the ham into many, many portions and managed to cut the bone into 3 huge pieces, so one of those nice meaty bones is in the crock-pot with a bunch of chopped onions, some bay leaves, a little more bits of ham just for good measure, a pound of great northern beans, and some water. It will all be ham/bean loveliness by suppertime. For good measure I just took a pan of cornmeal pan rolls out of the oven to have with the soup. We'll finish with some baklava for dessert. This tray of baklava might last until summer it's so rich.

Andy, will you be wearing shorts and sandals when you grill that burger? :ermm: It's "brrrr" out there!

I'm smelling dinner right now! I tossed a 2-ish pound pork loin into the crockpot along with a generous amount of sauerkraut and a half-bottle of Guinness. I'll make mashed potatoes later. Those will snuggle up to the kraut. Also the last of the broccoli will be on our plates, for color if nothing else.

Lamb au Gratin, rather fiddly to do as I had to make short cannelloni tubes out of lasagne sheets.

I just don't know.

DH took leftover pizza in his lunch box, so I doubt he'll want that. It just may be a sandwich; smoked turkey, cheese, mayo, green chile and the lettuce thinning's out of the hoop house. We have an HOA meeting at 5:00.

Baked Mostacciola with Italian sausage found in the freezer (yay), spiffed up jarred sauce. Green beans to go with, cuz that's what there is.

Cheeseburger topped with Mezzetta mild pepper rings and catsup, cottage cheese and a Claussen pickle.

No bun, just a plate! :mad:

Last edited:
Cheeseburger topped with Mezzetta mild pepper rings and catsup, cottage cheese and a Claussen pickle.

No bun, just a plate! :mad:

Hey, great minds. With the exception of the pepper rings, that's EXACTLY the same thing I had, including the cottage cheese. Well, almost exactly. My pickle was manufactured by some guy named Kroll. ;)

Had a grilled Irish rump steak, salad with my version of half baked potato - baking potato halved and criss-crossed, oiled and baked. It comes out like a baked potato but with a golden, crusty surface (like roast potato). Also baked a whole beetroot in foil alongside (for another occasion).

Blustery and cold here so made broccoli cheese soup with ham and cheese panini, hit the spot!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom