Wednesday's Dinner 4/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !
Spaghetti & Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce..........

Spaghetti & MeatBalls 4-13-22.jpg

Made the supper tonight, and this was on the menu - I can highly recommend. 2 of the family had been ill yesterday and they ate tonight despite saying they weren't really hungry!

mini-meat loaves on a sheet pan
Done with wedges of red potatoes and sugar snap peas.

I used 800 gr (little more than 1.5 lb.) of meat loaf mix (beef, veal and pork) and added 3 mild italian sausages. It made 8 mini loaves. Worked out 2 per adult, 1 per small child for us. It was good and a sure repeat menu.
All could easily be prepared earlier on (even night before) and when you get home supper is ready in an hour and you didn't have to do anything other than turn on the oven and slide the goodies in.

edit, thank goodness DIL has this huge sheet pan to hold it all. Wish I had taken a picture. :ermm:

Last edited:
broccoli, roasted potato cubes, mushroom gravy and red bean brownies.

Just didn't feel like cooking today... ordered delivery from a new to us "Greek" restaurant. Looked them up on yelp since their name is similar to a favorite pub that makes the best chili hoping they are related. It is neither- it's Egyptian and went with them anyway. One falafel and one gyro platter. Bonus. They tossed in a couple pieces chicken kebab too. We shared and there is still enough food for dinner tomorrow. We'll be calling them again.

IMG_1511.jpg

Starting at 12 o'clock on the plate:

My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever)
Hawaii-Style Fried Saimin
Shoyu Chicken aka Soy Sauce Braised B/S Chicken Things (ask me for the recipe, it's really good and simple)
Korean Mung Bean Sprout Salad aka Kong Namul, so delicious!

We're stuffed, but there's still more Chocolate Chip Cookies left :)

I had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's and Himself needed dress pants that wouldn't fall off his butt. After I cleaned out his too-big dress pants, he was left with only the one pair he got in November. Off we go to the Kohl's near our favorite restaurant, O'Connor's. Well, by the time we we left the store for the second time (that's another story for another time) it was too late to go to O'Connor's. We took a chance on a new-to-us place that a former neighbor would rave about - The Boynton in Worcester. We found out why she loved it - our meals were really good. Himself had a prime rib sandwich on a weck roll with cheese and a really good and creamy horseradish sauce. I had a grilled chicken breast panino with bacon, cheese, tomato, and arugula. Both came with a mountain of seasoned potato wedges and a half sour pickle spear. The sandwiches were so big we bought most of the potatoes home. We now have dining options!

IMG_20220413_205443910_HDR.jpgIMG_20220413_205502370_HDR.jpg

Had another easy supper of pre-made stuff: chicken samosas and onion bhajis with tamarind sauce. That was yummy finger food.

Made the supper tonight, and this was on the menu - I can highly recommend. 2 of the family had been ill yesterday and they ate tonight despite saying they weren't really hungry!

mini-meat loaves on a sheet pan
Done with wedges of red potatoes and sugar snap peas.

I used 800 gr (little more than 1.5 lb.) of meat loaf mix (beef, veal and pork) and added 3 mild italian sausages. It made 8 mini loaves. Worked out 2 per adult, 1 per small child for us. It was good and a sure repeat menu.
All could easily be prepared earlier on (even night before) and when you get home supper is ready in an hour and you didn't have to do anything other than turn on the oven and slide the goodies in.

edit, thank goodness DIL has this huge sheet pan to hold it all. Wish I had taken a picture. :ermm:

Love the use of Italian sausage.. Wish you had taken a pic too. :yum:

Ross

We went old school with commercial taco seasoned hb and hot oil fried tortillas.
Topped with cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, avocado and taco sauce.

A greasy, unhealthy, delicious mess.

Baked a blueberry dump cake for dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220413_132129754.jpg

Dinner last night was Burger, mashed baby reds in jackets, spinach, and gravy.

burger_041322_img_9455-jpg.49360

There was one left over mini-loaf (DIL tummy still not happy) so I'm anxious to see if that little loaf will slice well when cold. They were a tiny bit crumbly - but I was just using my fork.

Maybe I can jury-rig a pic of leftovers, :rolleyes: before lunch!

I made pizza! I was fretting as we had a bit of snow about mid-day, but the deck is covered and I have jackets! (The pizza oven is on the deck.) I used the Zojirushi bread machine to make the pizza dough. Used their recipe, but switched the "bread flour" to "00" pizza flour. It came out better than expected! Chewy, like a Neapolitan, but thicker than my usual recipe. But, all in all, worth it, since there was no need to hand knead...and good enough for "bad hand" days...some of you know what I mean!

I made a California Pizza Kitchen (copycat) BBQ Chicken pizza with smoked Gouda and mozzarella...and a pepperoni, mushroom, peppers, onions, olives with mozzarella and fontina. Yum!!
smileys-cooking-054883.gif

IMG_6372 (2).jpg

IMG_6374 (2).jpg

Got that pic! and yes, those mini-meatloaves do slice nicely when cold.

I topped up the BBQ sauce with some roasted red peppers for my lunch (bbq sauce not my favourite)

Just as delish as leftovers!

Attachments

• 20220415_113708.jpg
    20220415_113708.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom