Wednesday's Dinner- June 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, but no bread crumbs?
I used bread crumbs. Now I know why there shouldn't be bread crumbs. The meat juices don't get on the pan, so deglazing the pan is pretty much a waste of time. There were crumbs all over the pan. And, I didn't think they did anything to enhance the meal.

It was a learning experience.

Zhizara said:
Those chicken fingers sound good. Can you give us some more details?:chef:

Super easy dinner-I dip the chicken strips in flour, egg, then instead of breadcrumbs, I crush the boxed Cheez-it crackers and use that for the breeding. Then they're deep fried. You could use any cheese flavored cracker for this. I've used pretzels for the coating too, that was a favorite.

I second the recommendation of Pioneer Woman's chicken parmiagana. Just made it (again) a couple of weeks ago. It's very good!

Today's dinner will be very simple, just a bowl of mixed fruit - watermelon, plums and mango. The plums lately have been so delicious, I can hardly get enough of them. Maybe some cheese and crackers, and call that good. :)

taxlady said:
I read that as "horrified potatoes" and was going to ask. :LOL:

TL, it's time for new glasses....or remedial reading classes...:LOL:

Cheryl J said:
I second the recommendation of Pioneer Woman's chicken parmiagana. Just made it (again) a couple of weeks ago. It's very good!

Today's dinner will be very simple, just a bowl of mixed fruit - watermelon, plums and mango. The plums lately have been so delicious, I can hardly get enough of them. Maybe some cheese and crackers, and call that good. :)

Local plums, Cheryl? Oh yum!

Pretty local, from Central CA...maybe 2 hours from here. At less than $2 a lb., I'm grabbing as many of those babies as I can eat! :)

we spent the day shopping for birthday gifts for my parents in new hope, pennsylvania (both of their birthdays are in 2 weeks), then had dinner at the cock and bull restaurant in nearby peddler's village. Cock 'n Bull Restaurant - Peddler's Village

my boy had fish and chips, dw had chicken marsala, and i had burgundy beef in a bread boule.

Went to dinner with a friend at a resort where the food is supposed to be very good. It was very busy, we wanted to sit outside to enjoy the fading sun in one of the only sunny days we have had this month. We found the last table with alas no chairs but some wait staff found us some ( I think he was just helping out as he mentioned to everyone who came out to the deck area, how they were short handed tonight) the table needed to be bussed, but we were grateful to sit down. We were told that because of the "shorthandedness" it could be a little while before we would be served. We did get some water and cutlery after about 10 minutes. Our dink order was finally taken after we had been there about 15 min. We put in an order for our appetizer of seafood gumbo at the same time, lest we never see our server again. our gumbo came about 15 minutes later, wine came after we were halfway thru our soup. We ordered halibut and chips. When it arrived and we began to eat, it became quite clear to us that it was not Halibut, we both felt it was much too moist and not meaty enough to be halibut we told our waitress who apologized and said the kitchen was quite crazy and she would be happy to take it back and make sure we got halibut. In the meantime we had finished our wine and were never asked if we would like another, the new meal came out and I asked the waitress to bring more wine when she had a moment. We were just finishing our meals when she brought more wine. The fish in the second meal wasn't any different than in the first meal. Perhaps it was halibut and perhaps it was not..... Waitress said she had watched it being pulled from the halibut bin......oh well she did offer us dessert "on her". But we declined as we didn't think she should have to make up for the kitchen's problem. I still don't think it was halibut it sure looked and tasted like Cod! ( cod was significantly less expensive than halibut) on a brighter note, the seafood gumbo was excellent and the 14 Hands
Chardonnay was good. I really should post this in venting!

Tonight we made Orange Chicken for the first time and it was delicious
thumb.gif

It turned out perfectly :chef:

Orange%2520Chicken.png

Thanks Bill. I'm looking for a recipe for chicken parmagiano now. Stirling really likes it, but doesn't like the huge servings he gets in restaurants, so he doesn't order it any more.
Try it with boneless, skinless chicken thighs--moist and a smaller portion.

Thank you Steve :)

I will put the recipe on later so you can give it a go!

The chicken thigh is coated in egg, flour and pano breadcrumbs and then deep fried, very nice texture and taste and the orange sauce is so sweet and has so many flavours coming through..it really does taste like a meal from a chinese restaurant
thumb.gif

That sounds, and looks, so good....!! I've been craving orange chicken and almost ordered recently from the local Chinese restaurant that I love. I'll watch for your recipe, Kylie. :)

Thank you Cheryl :)

I must get the recipe on quick then as I know what it is like when you are craving something in particular :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom