Wednesday's Dinner- June 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebLynn

Senior Cook
Where's the Wednesday thread? I guess I'll start. I'm making shredded chicken tacos with all the fixins', 'cept sour cream, 'cause I'm out.

What'r you havin'?

Looks like you are the first today, Deblyn! :)

Something seafood for DH, something creamy for me. That's all I know so far!

Defrosting some shrimp, maybe on the barbie. Perhaps a vidalia onion or 2.

SO and I are going to enjoy that Italian-American classic, spaghetti and meatballs along with a tossed salad.

A late (or early) thanksgiving - sort of. I picked up a huge turkey breast in the rotisserie section of the market. Usually they have rotisserie chickens & ribs. The turkey breast was the first I've seen. Probably will serve it with smashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing & cranberry sauce.

Looks like you are the first today, Deblyn! :)

Something seafood for DH, something creamy for me. That's all I know so far!

I did a vegetable stir fry, took out half when done and added pre-seared scallops and some cashews for DH. The other half I cooked until veggies were just past el dente and thinned down the sauce. I got it down and felt like I had real food. Only a couple of pieces got stuck in my throat. :)

It was so good there are still some veggies left and I will do them for my later meal. DH took a salmon sandwich to work.

SO and I are going to enjoy that Italian-American classic, spaghetti and meatballs along with a tossed salad.

And some garlic bread???

Leftovers for me. I'm serving the leftover grilled fajita mixture from the other night over rice.

I did a stir fry of Swiss Chard, green onions, radishes, a bit of kale, endive, a couple of T of chicken stock, thai curry paste, some leftover chunks of ham and some leftover chunks of chicken breast. It was very nice==don't know what is wrong with my camera. Hopefully it is just the batteries--sorry, no pics, but it was tasty for a "throw together' dish.

This season's first "Cold Plate" meal. Garden Salad, Sliced Tomato, Three Bean Salad and Tuna Salad. I am thinking Frozen Peach Yogurt later.:chef:

View attachment 13864

Last edited:
After proof reading and editing a portion of a friend's daughter's paper about Hong Kong and driving to an 83 year old friend's house to pick them up off the floor and place them back in a wheel chair, the yet to be prepared evening meal will consist of natural casing beef franks and Bush beans.

Last edited:
After proof reading and editing a portion of a friend's daughter's paper about Hong Kong and driving to an 83 year old friend's house to pick them up off the floor and place them back in a wheel chair, the yet to be prepared evening meal will consist of natural casing beef franks and Bush beans.
By the sounds of it you have earned a steak dinner with all the trimmings but the beans and franks sound good! :)

By the sounds of it you have earned a steak dinner with all the trimmings but the beans and franks sound good! :)
Thanks. My wife worked on the review from noon until 4PM and then I argued about/critiqued/checked/modified her review until about 1900 when I got the distress call about the fallen friend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom