Wednesday's Feed Bag 7/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been in the 90s today, so I figured we needed a cool dinner :cool:

Tuna salad on shredded romaine, leftover grilled potato salad and a fruit salad I have not yet decided how to prepare. It will include watermelon, though. I'm saving a stock of watermelon rinds to make pickles with.

Beef tartare made with home ground beef, some of my microgreens, and a balsamic reduction. Roasted potatoes for a side.

Attachments

• 2020-07-08 18.44.20.jpg
    2020-07-08 18.44.20.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Fixed a mixture of leftovers; fried up some baked potatoes with fresh from the garden onions and garlic, coated with ham infused, green chile cheese sauce and toasted bread cubes. Preceded by steamed corn on the cob. I need to get some ice cream, think I will go grocery shopping early tomorrow morning (7:30ish) And I am so happy to have fresh garlic again.

Noting fancy. Just ground beef tacos. We use the larger flour tortillas that I heat on a gas burner. For fixins we had cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream. A cold lager went well to wash it all down.

My original plan was to make chicken tinga for the tacos but found I was lacking some ingredients so I took the easy was out.

We had microwave baked potatoes, taco stuffing (spiced burger, cheese, sour cream, salsa,) black bean, corn, tomato salad, and ice tea. A cold lager sounds more better on a day like today.

The migraine that started yesterday is fading, but not gone yet. The headache is gone. I feel okay, just clumsy and stupid and bright light and loud noise is unpleasant. So, I just had some crisp rye bread and charcuterie, as well as a piece of Brie.

We had loaded garden salads, shrimp salad on toasted brioche rolls, andnd deviled eggs. Instead of dry mustard or yellow mustard, I added in leftover Chinese hot mustard. Going forward, I'll have to make sure I have that on hand for deviled eggs. Boy were they good. I added a homemade pickle to my plate.

IMG_20200708_214532991_HDR.jpg

I made a favorite recipe tonight - Thai curry. A red one, this time, with some things from the garden - kohlrabi, okra, eggplant, and some Thai basil and kaffir lime leaves - plus some chicken.

I used the method ATK used for drying out eggplant to make ratatouille, to keep it from turning mushy. I don't cook them down as much as they do, but I do it about 8-9 min., to cook them down to about half weight.
First of two plates of eggplants, to dry out in the microwave. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

All 5 eggplants, dried out in microwave. 31 oz down to 14.5 oz by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ingredients lined up for a Thai curry. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Everything added to the Thai curry, except for the eggplant and lime juice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Eggplant added to the Thai curry, to cook 10 min. longer. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Thai curry, served in a ring of white jasmine rice and millet. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom