Wednesday's Kitchen - 7/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Clams & Shells with Roasted Grape Tomatoes, Crab Salad (Carried in)

Clams & Shells.jpg

I still have two of those Thai grilled chicken thighs, but I'm going to have to wait until later to eat one of those. Besides the usual tomatoes and pickled cucumbers I was snacking on, I made some bean salad, using all of the green beans I've harvested, plus a can each of white and dark red kidney beans, and 3/4 cup of whole oat groats, cooked in the IP. I also stirred in some chives, feta cubes, a minced Paper Lantern pepper, some minced Syrian oregano (like adding thyme), a bunch of halved cherry tomatoes, and my favorite vinaigrette. I probably ate a half bowl while mixing it, before eating the full bowl - the reason I am really not hungry yet for the chicken!
Bean salad, with tomatoes, a habanero pepper, chives, some whole oats, and feta. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

For tonight's supper, I made salad with chicken, hard cooked eggs, Feta, and ranchoid dressing. There were also toasted pumpkin seeds, green Provençales olives, capers, and croutons to be added according to preference.

The spread:

Chicken, feta, and eggs salad, ready to plate.jpg

The assembled salad, my plate:

Salad with chicken, hard cooked eggs, Feta, and ranchoid dressing.jpg

Bacon mac and cheese with some fresh veggies on the side for GS and me. SO had a fish sandwich.

Everything looks and sounds fantastic guys!

I went, well since we no longer have to go freezer diving with the stand up freezer, I went trolling for dinner :LOL:

What I came up with was two previously grilled Ground Beef Patties, added some Cheese and toppings to the diners choice, as well Trader Joe's Handsome Cut French Fries ala Air Fryer.

IMG_0739.jpg

Beverages were new-to-me Wheat Beer and a diet Cola for DH.
The Fries are no longer one of our faves, we'll be going back to Ore-Ida.
:LOL:

I made chicken katsu, smashed Japanese cucumbers, and steamed Basmati rice. The two chicken breasts were about 8 ounces each, so I cut each into two flatter cutlets. Only one is left...so far.

Back
Top Bottom