Wednesday's Kitchen - 9/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !
Ground Beef & Mushrooms in a Roasted Garlic Sauce over Thin Spaghetti...
A Potato Roll, Buttered with Garlic Powder- three minutes under the Broiler........

Spaghetti , Meat & Mushroom sauce.jpg

So, I'm out of my homemade "refried" beans in the RV freezer, but I want to use leftover Chili Colorado for burritos. I guess we'll have all-meat burritos and I'll make some Mexican Rice. I've got some salsa left...and store-bought tortilla chips.

I wanted to hit the market when we got back to Kennewick, but that didn't happen. We've got some nice neighbors -- also here for the dog show -- at the RV park.

There were three leftover knockwurst (think "fat hot dogs") leftover from last week. I cooked up some potatoes and onions, then tossed sliced knockwurst into the pan. Almost enough for supper, but we did have just enough leftover chicken soup from Monday to fill tummies.

The chicken soup was a real cobbled together dish. Himself was feeling chilled, but I had no real plans for cooking. Rummaged through my mini convenience store in the basement, found a box of Mrs. Weiss's Kluski Chicken Noodle Soup that Loverly had given to me as a silly Christmas gift a few years back, and grabbed a bag of skinny noodles and a carton of no-salt chicken broth. Mixed them together and added slices of carrots. Warmed my guy...and had plenty leftover. Pulled out a cooked chicken breast from the freezer yesterday, shredded it, and tossed it into the soup...along with more broth. That was Himself's supper last night, too. Today, after the potato and hot dogs, I added MORE broth (when you have noodles left in soup, it becomes the pot that keeps on giving if you add more broth :LOL: ), and we finished it off - before it took over the fridge!

We had cold smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, onion, and capers. Dill pickles on the side. I do love smoked salmon.

So, I'm out of my homemade "refried" beans in the RV freezer, but I want to use leftover Chili Colorado for burritos. I guess we'll have all-meat burritos and I'll make some Mexican Rice. I've got some salsa left...and store-bought tortilla chips.

I wanted to hit the market when we got back to Kennewick, but that didn't happen. We've got some nice neighbors -- also here for the dog show -- at the RV park.

It hit the spot!

IMG_5602 (4).jpg

Back
Top Bottom