Wednesday's Meal is full of ?? July 16/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I figure I will start this as we will be having our main meal in about an hour as TB is still on afternoons.

It is still really hot here so salads are on the menu again. Today it will be a bed of red leaf lettuce, romaine from our garden and arugula. This will be topped with cuc's, tomato, red onion, avocado, pumpkin seeds and grilled prawns (for TB). I will have some chicken in mine and might add some to TB's too if he wants. On the side will be "buttered" fresh gluten free potato flax bread that is more like regular french bread.

Wednesday's meal will be full of pasta Florentine from the pressure cooker. I can cook the pasta right in with the sauce so no standing over a boiling pot of water. I need to pick up some garlic bread fixiings. And....drum roll.......a salad.

pizza's today

Already took the pepperoni, onion, mozz cheese one out of the oven. Later will bake off the ham, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, ricotta and mozz cheese

will also put together a spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing

and am really fighting making another pound cake:)

Leftover roast chicken and fixins for us. I may do a quesadilla and SO will probably have the L/O pilaf.

I went to Trader Joe's today and they were handing out samples of a delicious Mexican casserole, along with the really simple recipe made with their products. That's what we're having for dinner. We have to have a green salad too.

Wednesday's meal was full of...compromise. Hot day so cooking seemed undesirable.

Got some reduced smoked salmon at the supermarket so bought a grain baguette, cucumber, fennels and lemon.

At home I made egg mayo (fairly hard boiled egg grated into mayo) to spread on cooled, recrusted baguette (i.e. grilled on low heat to get it crusty and left to cool). Added
the smoked salmon with cucumber slices.

Made a fennel salad (with some celery and marina tomato I had - the flavour variety). Ate a hass avocado first then the baguette and salad. Perfect!

Wednesday's meal was full of corn and cherries, and they were delicious!

Kayelle, will you share the info for the TJ's Mexican casserole, please? :yum: I love that they frequently hand out samples and recipes. Hoping to get down to TJ's within the next couple of weeks.

I had a cheese enchilada and a salad. I almost called ahead to my fave little Mexican restaurant to place an order, but remembered I had some leftover enchilada sauce in the freezer from the last batch, plus all the other fixin's, so I just made it instead.

Kayelle, will you share the info for the TJ's Mexican casserole, please? :yum: I love that they frequently hand out samples and recipes. Hoping to get down to TJ's within the next couple of weeks.

I had a cheese enchilada and a salad. I almost called ahead to my fave little Mexican restaurant to place an order, but remembered I had some leftover enchilada sauce in the freezer from the last batch, plus all the other fixin's, so I just made it instead.

Be glad to Cheryl..

1/2 bottle of TJ's enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded 3 cheese blend (I used what I had on hand)
1 box frozen chicken Tamalitos (unwrapped) They are little tamale's
1 small can of sliced black olives

In an 8x8 pan, pour half of the sauce and top with the Tamalitos. Top the Tamalitos with more sauce, drained olives and cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Next time I think I'll mix the enchilada sauce with some sour cream.

Darn good...:yum:

It was just right for the two of us

Thank you, Kayelle! It sure does sound good. I love their bottled enchilada sauce, it's the best pre-made sauce I've ever tasted. :yum: Will be sure to get that and their tamalitos on my next trip!

You guys are awesome!

We had some grilled pork chops, green beans, and applesauce. I didn't feel like getting too fancy, I had an awful day at work.

Wednesday's meal was full of...compromise. Hot day so cooking seemed undesirable.

Got some reduced smoked salmon at the supermarket so bought a grain baguette, cucumber, fennels and lemon.

At home I made egg mayo (fairly hard boiled egg grated into mayo) to spread on cooled, recrusted baguette (i.e. grilled on low heat to get it crusty and left to cool). Added
the smoked salmon with cucumber slices.

Made a fennel salad (with some celery and marina tomato I had - the flavour variety). Ate a hass avocado first then the baguette and salad. Perfect!

I need some translation ;) What is a marina tomato? And what does "flavor variety" mean?

The underlines are confusing. Are they supposed to be links?

Third try - darn app keeps closing :mad:

I went to a master gardener talk on hydrangeas last night so picked up some fried chicken from a local place on the way home. Chicken and hush puppies were good; fries were cold and potato salad had a weird sweet/sour taste. I like Church's Fried Chicken better.

I need some translation ;) What is a marina tomato? And what does "flavor variety" mean?

The underlines are confusing. Are they supposed to be links?
These tomatoes (the delicatessen called them "marina"). Buy flavour variety I was just describing them as tomatoes that had real, authentic flavour.
http://www.mimaggie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/heirloom-tomatoes1.jpg

Sorry about the underlining...it was just my way for someone to quickly scan the post for the main ingredients. Since they don't have the special blue font link look, I thought it was understood that they are not links.

These tomatoes (the delicatessen called them "marina"). Buy flavour variety I was just describing them as tomatoes that had real, authentic flavour.
http://www.mimaggie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/heirloom-tomatoes1.jpg

Sorry about the underlining...it was just my way for someone to quickly scan the post for the main ingredients. Since they don't have the special blue font link look, I thought it was understood that they are not links.

Now I'm hungry for some yummy tomatoes :yum:

I'm a former web technologies manager and website designer; links can be any color, but people are conditioned to see underlines as links. You could use bold to make certain text stand out. I often use asterisks, *like this*.

Last edited:
Now I'm hungry for some yummy tomatoes :yum:

I'm a former web technologies manager and website designer; links can be any color, but people are conditioned to see underlines as links. You could use bold to make certain text stand out. I often use asterisks, *like this*.
Oh OK...didn't realise...I will make the key ingredients look like this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom