Wednesday's Repast ?? 1/15/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Grilled Smoked Brats on a bed of Spanish Onion Fried in Butter and BBQ Sauce, Boiled Beets, Parsley-ed Baby Yukons and of course, the daily Salad...

IMG_2658.jpg

Last edited:
Sous vide cooked lamb, under broiler when it was done. Next time, I'll shorten the cooking time a bit and set the temp a few degrees lower, but it came out so tender. Steamed, then roasted potatoes and carrots.

Attachments

• 2020-01-15 19.01.58.jpg
    2020-01-15 19.01.58.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 110
Sous vide cooked lamb, under broiler when it was done. Next time, I'll shorten the cooking time a bit and set the temp a few degrees lower, but it came out so tender. Steamed, then roasted potatoes and carrots.

I never would have guessed that was lamb. It looks like a lighter meat.

Took the lazy route and had some haddock fillets fried up while grocery shopping. Sides were nuked corn, and baby peas, and Aldi "tater tots" - just as good as the original.
IMG_20200115_210103543.jpg

Brought SO home from the hospital today and I'm getting a workout! Dinner was turkey noodle soup.

Stirling is feeling a bit delicate in the tummy and has a bad headache. I am feeling low energy. I roasted some chicken drumsticks for me (Stirling didn't want meat and he doesn't like poultry dark meat anyways) and I made some smashed potatoes. Did them both in the toaster oven. I had both. Stirling had the potatoes, slowly. They agreed with him. I only tried making them for the first time very recently and they have become a new favourite of ours. Stirling had cheese with toast later.

I had a steamed artichoke with lemon garlic butter for dipping, and a fresh fruit salad. Mint chocolate chip ice cream here in a few. :yum:

We had roasted red potatoes & onions, the last of our Johnsonville French Toast sausage links, sliced tomatoes & cucumbers. We split a Cara Cara orange for dessert.

Last night we had Picadillo De Carne but with ground pork instead of ground beef. The recipe called for Badia Complete Seasoning, but made our own spice blend using a Cuban Complete Seasoning recipe. Put it all over rice. It was our 40th time having this recipe. Yes, I keep a record of every time we make a recipe. It's like having a family diary.

Back
Top Bottom