We're Bibin and Bapin! What You Munchin? 5-17-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh. DH and I discussed Korean just a minute ago!

We're getting takeout Thai calamari and ginger scallion with shrimp.

Last edited:
Penne Pasta w/ mushroom, garlic, peppers,tomato's,mozz,&
onion.......

img_1466931_0_0286b710d1f4b18f3ce73114936b283d.jpg

img_1466931_1_7e85d4282a69e4e923d6e2422208dbb8.jpg

I'm marinating a pork tenderloin in an Asian marinade (soy, sesame, garlic, ginger, wine...). Gonna grill it. Steamed broccoli will accompany.

Since it's SC's birthday, we're heading down to the harbor for seafood to be determined when we get seated for happy hour. I know that oysters on the half shell will be the start.

I have some veggies that need to be cooked - corn on the cob and bell peppers - and a beef chuck steak that got freezer burned. So I thought, this is a job for the pressure cooker! :LOL:

I made polenta in the Instant Pot and added cream cheese and corn cut off the cob after cooking. I also added some white balsamic vinegar and Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle to spark up the flavor a bit.

I put the polenta in a saucepan to reduce (I think the recipe had too much liquid), cleaned the pot and browned the meat in bacon grease. Removed that and sautéed chopped onions, bell peppers and garlic. Added a half cup of chicken stock, a half cup of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce and the meat and set that to cook.

It has eight minutes left. To be continued...

Last edited:
Oooh, Joey....love your pasta dish, it's so colorful and looks delish. :yum:

Everyone's dinners sounds mouthwatering. I'm waiting to hear of Kay and the SC's birthday dinner out. :)

I had a mushroom, asparagus, and ham omelet. Sides were a fresh picked tomato still warm from the sun, and a bowl of sliced mango and watermelon.

I have some veggies that need to be cooked - corn on the cob and bell peppers - and a beef chuck steak that got freezer burned. So I thought, this is a job for the pressure cooker! :LOL:

I made polenta in the Instant Pot and added cream cheese and corn cut off the cob after cooking. I also added some white balsamic vinegar and Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle to spark up the flavor a bit.

I put the polenta in a saucepan to reduce (I think the recipe had too much liquid), cleaned the pot and browned the meat in bacon grease. Removed that and sautéed chopped onions, bell peppers and garlic. Added a half cup of chicken stock, a half cup of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce and the meat and set that to cook.

It has eight minutes left. To be continued...

Turned out great :yum:

Attachments

• 1463535409435.jpg
    1463535409435.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 146
Looks good guys! ~~ Cheryl, Souschef left a bite-by-bite description of dinner in his birthday thread. Sounded yummy!

I did a dinner salad for me. Tossed in salty (Feta cheese and the last of the prosciutto), added sweets (strawberries, blueberries, orange slices, the last of the candied pecans), and topped it with homemade Meyer lemon vinaigrette with The Spice House Greek Seasoning. Himself had a small salad and most of the leftover Thai chicken, letting me have a small bowlful since I made it. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-05-17 20.59.16.jpg
    2016-05-17 20.59.16.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 124
Nothing. I was too busy getting my apartment ready for tomorrow's inspection by HUD tomorrow. I forgot to eat.

Reservations. Went out with friends to our favorite restaurant in town, and they have a wine listing page of "Special Finds and Boutique Wines". Someone clearly has a sense of humor, as the description for a Spanish Rioja started off with "hints of lead pencil shavings," followed by the usual wording. Our server confirmed that it was a nice light red, which fit the bill for the mix of seafood and beef at the table, so that's what was ordered. I couldn't pick up any hints of pencil shavings in the wine, though. :)

So jealous. Been traveling for weeks now. Home for the two weeks after this week and can't wait to get in the kitchen. Bison Burger at Ted's of Montana last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom