WFD Friday 10/40/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
OOPS. That would be 10/4 Good Buddy and According to my internal timeclock, it's past dinnertime.

We had Toastie dogs, with ketchup, potato chips and 3 bean salad from the deli.

Baseball on the teevee.

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner was pasta with meatballs and sausages in tomato sauce. Salads and wine accompanied the meal.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_192522.jpg
    IMG_20191004_192522.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 125
Grilled New York strip steak with smashed potatoes seasoned with Aleppo pepper and topped with fried shallots, and salad.
DH topped his steak with tomatillo salsa I made with tomatillos from our garden.
1004192019.jpg

I stripped off my Super Woman cape, glared at what was in the fridge, the freezer below, took a quick peek in the pantry, and pulled on my wings. Winging it I came up with a stir-fry beef with fresh veggies (green peppers, broccoli, onion, carrots, celery) bamboo shoots. Oh, why is this still in the pantry--I told him to use up the candied orange peel! Grrr...boil some water and soften that up....drain the water off and use that for the rice and marinade. Add star of anise tossed in for good measure to the rice...drizzle of sesame oil...ummmm...got some of the Korean chili paste left over from the Kimchi, why not add that to the marinade? Oops, here's a lime going past its time...grate what I can off that for lime zest. What's this little knob of ginger doing hiding in the freezer...why does he have a jar of instant tea in the pantry...that instant tea, some of the softened orange peel, a bit of garlic, Chinese 5-spice, ginger perfect marinade for that steak I found in the freezer and thawed just enough to slice thinly. Long story short, beef stir-fry with a whole wack of veggies and rice. Twenty minutes from start-to-finish (that includes prep time and getting my CI wok smoking hot in the oven first). And, enough leftovers for Saturday. And no, I haven't left to head home to Ontario yet because I keep getting interrupted. But, the trailer is hitched up, the lights work. I just have to find the papers I put in that safe place. Hopefully. You know, the one so safe, I can't remember where it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom