WFD? Tuesday, August 21st.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We feel privileged here, what started out as a small food cart serving bbq pulled pork with a few sides is now a tiny restaurant. They have an all you can eat buffet, with sides and desserts, for $8.50. DH and I can't eat all you can eat, but it looks luscious. We just get a sandwich for $5.

I created a chicken "something" with herbs and red wine. Turned out really, really good and the sauce was perfect over couscous, then we had buttered baby lima beans, tossed salad with chunks of fresh mozzarella, washed it all down with iced tea. Apple-cream cheese bundt cake for dessert.

k.t.h., you had your nouveau version of chook au vin. :chef:

not fair, dawg, on a night that i'm jonesin' for q.

for q, lol.

he hee, just kidding.

What movie are you going to see, Chopper? I go to the movie theater often here, always in the afternoon, and the tickets are $6.25 for seniors. My Lunch Bunch friends and I saw "Hope Springs" last week. We all had mixed reviews on it.

Steve and I had a hankering for breakfast for dinner....I love that now and then.

I tossed some herbs/ lemon/ garlic marinated chicken parts on the char-coaler. Made extra pieces for tomorrow. I think this is pretty much my current modis operandi -- Make ahead. I also have an abundance of produce, both garden and from the market, so I made a huge cuke/ tomato/cold green beans/ lettuce/ onion/ salad. I made the best salad dressing the other day. Wish I shoulda wrote down the proportions. ( How many times has someone said that line!?! ) :LOL:

Sounds great Whisk :chef:

ok, so my dinner is up in the air. should i get takeout chinese, italian, thai, or jewish diner?

i'm tempted to drive all the way down to the lower east side to katz's deli.

what should i get?

What did you end up having Tom?

I would have gone with Chinese...I am really craving some fried rice and a chines style dish lately :yum:

get out your wallet, chopper. movies have become ridiculousky expensive. the last time the three of us went to a movie, it was more then $60. just for tickets, a shared large soda, and a shared medium popcorn and nachos.

Yep, it is quite expensive these days...

On a Tuesday every week you can get to see a film at a discount price...3D films for $14.00 instead of $20.00 which is great and obviously a bit cheaper for 2D films, but the prices of the chips, lollies and popcorn etc are ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom