What are some foods you loved that they don't make anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i forgot about screaming yellow zonkers! oh, well... at least we still have cracker jack.

about this purple ketchup thing that was the topic of discussion earlier on...
uck!
IF i had children, i would not have given into any amount of whining or pouting, they would NOT have been allowed to have that garbage. and the neon pink margarine and the neon blue...
uh-uh. just a big 'ol 'nope'. margarine is horrible for you as it is without all those food dyes.
give me my yellow, tasty butter over that disgusting stuff!!! uck!

Nabisco used to make these little soft vanilla wafer sandwich cookies with marshmallow in the middle. They stopped making them in 1989. They were so yummy. I used to always take a box to business college with me way back when.

Anyway, if anyone has any doubts about what is still around, and what is not made anymore, check out http://www.hometownfavorites.com

they have candy, foods, drinks etc. talk about nostalgia. :roll:

cookienut, lol, we both put up the same link. is that place not awesome? :D

[i don't think they make gatorade lemon-lime ( the first clear gatorade) lol iloved that stuff.

The original Gatorade lemon-lime is still available here (the Middle of Nowhere That Thinks It's THE Where), although sometimes it takes a search safari to find it. Great stuff! As for all those other flavors . . . ick.

masteraznchefjr said:
I don't think they make cookie crisps anymore cause i don't see it on the shelves of super markets anymore and i don't think they make gatorade lemon-lime ( the first clear gatorade) lol iloved that stuff.

What ever happened to my caffine filled serge??? i used to pour that in my cereal

They still make Cookie Crisp. My kids just finished off a box Monday.

I am not sure what it was called, but I think it was Pepperidge Farms Toaster Bread. It was thick bread that would get nice and crisp on the outside, but stay soft on the inside with typical flavors like cinnamon. They were so good!

i 'member that bread, GB. it was good! delictably crunchy on the outside. maybe they still make it; i'm gonna have to look next time i go shopping...

luvs_food said:
uck!
IF i had children, i would not have given into any amount of whining or pouting, they would NOT have been allowed to have that garbage. and the neon pink margarine and the neon blue...
uh-uh. just a big 'ol 'nope'. margarine is horrible for you as it is without all those food dyes.

Heeheeheehee! I guess I am a horrible parent, because I let my kids eat whatever the he-- they want! In my defense, they are both extremely fit kids (and for those who think it is important...skinny little boogers) who choose good things. I think it is important to let kids make their own decisions about nearly everything. Food is not something to fight over...that way lies DANGER!

No offence luvs, but I always get a giggle when someone who doesn't have kids says what they will do when they do. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't do exactly what they said they wouldn't. Hope you can be the exception that proves the rule.

Alix said:
luvs_food said:
uck!

Heeheeheehee! I guess I am a horrible parent, because I let my kids eat whatever the he-- they want! In my defense, they are both extremely fit kids (and for those who think it is important...skinny little boogers) who choose good things. I think it is important to let kids make their own decisions about nearly everything. Food is not something to fight over...that way lies DANGER!

No offence luvs, but I always get a giggle when someone who doesn't have kids says what they will do when they do. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't do exactly what they said they wouldn't. Hope you can be the exception that proves the rule.

aww, my Mom and Dad let me eat PRETTY much anything when i was little and i'm, as you put it, 'a skinny little booger,' lol. but neon margarine is just over the top. margarine won't be in my home regardless, let alone neon margarine.
i spent most of my teen years taking care of kids, so i know how they are! but you just gotta say 'uh-uh' sometimes, i learned, even if it means pouting and whining and tantrums. and that's one of those ones i'd just have to say, 'uh-uh' to.

OK...I missed the reference to neon margarine before (must have been giggling...) what the heck is that? Must not have made it to Canada yet. LOL

Have ya'll seen the chocolate flavored frenchfries? Thay also make blue ones!!! I don't know if either are still avaliable, but just the thought of it is nasty! I did buy my kids green ketchup once & they wouldn't eat it!

Alix said:
OK...I missed the reference to neon margarine before (must have been giggling...) what the heck is that? Must not have made it to Canada yet. LOL

OOPS! just look at your above post, i wrote about it in there. parkay made it, i think...
it was literally NEON margarine in a squeeze bottle.

and chocolate fries, crewsk, oh, my. uck! now THOSE i would let my kids have, but they sound gross nonetheless.
i think i did see blue fries, maybe. ore-ida?

Yep that's it luvs, they made the chocolate ones too. I was just too afraid to ever buy them & I didn't want to chance wasting the $ on something my kids wouldn't eat.

Back
Top Bottom