What are we having for dinner Mon, 3/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grilled steaks and onions and roasted potatoes and asparagus. Almost no fat except the marbling on the steaks. DH was gone last week and I didn't cook anything so I thought this would show him I hadn't forgotten (and easy also).

Who cooks three and four course meals at home? (appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert) Anyone that does that at home is good! I would expect that when I go out to dinner, but never do that at home unless it was a holiday.

Anyway, I had haddock, rice, and green bean casserole.

It's not that difficult to make 4 courses, really. It's all about time management and efficiency, is all. Or maybe that's just my thought on it since I so often delve into the land of firepits and smokers. I can spend 16 hours making just a brisket...so blowing a fraction of that on a 4 course meal doesn't seem that big a deal to me. Probably also helps that I've got an 8 burner stove and dual ovens which tends to set it up so I can do everything all at once instead of one course at a time, but in general...if you're efficient with advanced prep work, it's not that big a deal.

We almost never have our meals in courses - even if the food is prepared so. I usually make a meat, potato, pasta or rice, vegetable, and salad. We have our dessert later with coffee (tonight it was oatmeal cookies). I don't make many desserts since dh must watch his sugar intake and I watch my calorie intake. I enjoy my salad WITH my meal, not separately.

PA Baker said:
GB, is Rachel dressing up in a costume?:)
GB said:
I don't think so. Grandma was babysitting her today and was planning on taking her shopping for a costume, but she took an extra long nap today so I don't think they made it out. She has her noisemaker though and she knows how to use it :)
OK I was wrong. Of course Grandma found the time to get her a costume :) I posted a pic in the members Photos section.

i was tired last night, so i just made some linguini, and a simple tomato sauce with fresh basil.
but i was still hungry, so i made a blt with cheese.
lemon sorbet for dessert.

GB said:
OK I was wrong. Of course Grandma found the time to get her a costume :) I posted a pic in the members Photos section.

She's just adorable, GB--and looking so grown up!!!!!
(Mine's 4 mo today and I'm feeling very bittersweet!:rolleyes: )

Happy 4 month birthday Sophie!!!PAB you are coming up on an exciting time. At 6 months Rach went though some real changes. It is sad to see them change so fast, but at the same time it is so exciting and amazing!

Back
Top Bottom