What are we having for dinner Tues 4/18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making the hot pockets that I was suppose to make yesterday. I had forgotten the beans that were in the slow cooker. OR, dh is grilling ribs. I we do the ribs, I got their terriaki noodles and the sour cream potatoes that they like. I'll just make me some steamed asparagus and carrots.

What I'm sure of is fresh green beans and baby new potatoes. I asked dh if he wanted more of the ham or something else and he said it didn't matter, so we may have some more ham. My dd brought me a wonderful canteloupe, so we may have that either as our salad, or as dessert (or maybe both). You can tell I'm not one of those who do a lot of meal planning beforehand.

I'm off of work for a few days, so i started the smoker this morning and am smoking a pork shoulder for about 12 hours and ribs for 4 hours. Also making grilled corn, potato salad, rolls, 4 cases of cold beer and about 15 of our buddies, so were gonna "throw down" tonight!

I'm heading off to the Easter Ham Leftovers thread after this to look for ideas for dinner, since we're having (you guessed it!) Leftover Easter Ham!

John

Not sure...........I'm still waiting for the countertop people to deliver and install my countertop today. So we may end up eating out.

TOOOooooooooo...much food Easter Sunday ( belly still full). "HUBBY" does not know that tonight, he will be joining me infront of our T.V. (American Idol).
We will be having as our main course-- Chili cheese dogs(onions optional)
lays potato chips or seasoned tator tots (men's choice - tonight only). For dessert: (Kroger grocery) had Blue bell Ice cream 2 for $7.00 again his choice, choc or vanilla

Relax! make it an easy night..

Quizzie said:
TOOOooooooooo...much food Easter Sunday ( belly still full). "HUBBY" does not know that tonight, he will be joining me infront of our T.V. (American Idol).
We will be having as our main course-- Chili cheese dogs(onions optional)
lays potato chips or seasoned tator tots (men's choice - tonight only). For dessert: (Kroger grocery) had Blue bell Ice cream 2 for $7.00 again his choice, choc or vanilla

Relax! make it an easy night..

Hey, that sounds good! And I don't like hot dogs:LOL: I've been eating too many veggies this last week.

Since I made a whole smoked turkey for just the 2 of us for Easter dinner, I have lots of leftovers.

Thus tonight will be hot open-faced smoked turkey sandwiches, with turkey gravy & melted swiss cheese on top. Green salad will be optional.

I'm fixing PA Baker's Mexican Chicken and rice soup. I'm not sure what I'm having along with it though.

Still working on leftovers here also.
But, I'd rather use it than throw them away.
I had a conversation with my son when he stopped by the other day about chinese carryout, and he complained that the wonton soup from our local carryouts lacked the jullienned slices of pork that used to occupy the bottom of the container of soup. Out of curiosity, I ordered a large container of soup and sure enough he was right. The thin slivers of pork were few and far in between! So, I jullienned my leftover lamb and added that to the soup! Hope it works!
John.:rolleyes:

:) We are having a couple of friends over for dinner .
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with whole grain Tortilla Chips
Moroccan Game Hens side of Harrisa Sauce
Couscous with Pine nuts and dried Apricots
Julienned carrots and zuchinni
Cucumber Salad
Whole Wheat Tortillas

Fruit Salad with Lemon Yoqurt,toasted almonds and coconut cookies

Hey - you can add virtually anything to takeout Chinese soups. I've routinely added leftover cooked shrimp, shredded chicken/turkey, etc.

ronjohn55 said:
I'm heading off to the Easter Ham Leftovers thread after this to look for ideas for dinner, since we're having (you guessed it!) Leftover Easter Ham!

John

:LOL: I know what you mean, thats why I posted that thread. Im getting sick of ham:wacko:
Tonight was chicken parmesan, with spaghetti.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom