What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice that you have a good memory to associate with the cake, Andy. :wub: My grandma used a cast iron pan to make hers in, too. I remember her cake at family gatherings so there usually wasn't a need to cover it, since it was gone so quickly. lol

I have made mine in both a 12" spring form pan and a tube pan. I like the presentation of the spring form pan better. I lay the rings in a circle overlapping up to the cutout and place a cherry there in the partial exposed cutout. The tube pan is only big enough for four pineapple slices. My kids love PUD (thanks Andy for the shortcut). I could make it every day and they would never get tired of it. :angel:

Today I am going to attempt to make the 7-Up biscuits to eat with my Porterhouse steak tonight. Only four ingredients.

7-Up® Biscuits Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Will report back on them. :angel:

In anticipation of a potential barn raisin' at our house this weekend, I just put a big earthenware crock of Baked Beans Quintet in the oven to bake. Whether or not the structure gets built or not, the beans are a "winner, winner, chicken dinner" in this house and will be a few insurance containers in the freezer for later this summer with barbecue.

We're not actually getting a barn, just a really, really big garage to put farm equipment in, such as tractor, mower, etc. Glenn's son just completed a huge nearly 3-bay commercial-sized garage at his house and doesn't need the semi-portable one that he brought to us for our use. It's not really supposed to be portable, but Kenneth took it apart in such a way that it can be pieced together and made into a solid and good building here. There's already a huge concrete pad in the back to serve as the floor, so whenever the elves show up....

In the meantime the smell of the beans baking is about to make me crazy. I might just HAVE to make some sort of barbecued "something" for supper tonight.

Chocolate Espresso Chews - They're insanely good!
PH2006071301541.jpg

Can you post link to this recipe? Please

I have made mine in both a 12" spring form pan and a tube pan. I like the presentation of the spring form pan better. I lay the rings in a circle overlapping up to the cutout and place a cherry there in the partial exposed cutout. The tube pan is only big enough for four pineapple slices. My kids love PUD (thanks Andy for the shortcut). I could make it every day and they would never get tired of it. :angel:

Today I am going to attempt to make the 7-Up biscuits to eat with my Porterhouse steak tonight. Only four ingredients.

7-Up® Biscuits Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Will report back on them. :angel:

I promised to report back. Save your money or just drink the 7-Up. I made the batter and baked just one. It was horrible tasting. I dumped the rest of the batter. :angel:

I baked wholemeal bread (adapting the recipe to include oatgerm and substituting some of the oil for melted coconut oil) - nutty and delish!

Also, since I don't like to use the oven just for one thing - I found a recipe for chocolate pudding that makes its own sauce. Not a great combo - claggy...ditched the recipe.

Thank you!! The recipe doesn't say what size loaf pan. I have several sizes. What size do you use?

Also the picture shows muffins .... how would I adapt the recipe to a 12 muffin tin?

I use a 9x5 inch loaf pan. I never made muffins from this recipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom