What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you... that's nice of you to say. I think I'm just overthinking it a little :)

Well, the cake, me and my husband are about to make a 6-hour car trip now - hopefully we all arrive in one piece!

I made 3 dozen madeleines yesterday and won't get to eat even one! LOL. My daughter needed them for her French class tomorrow and we are too busy for me to bake them today. I have the butter out thawing so I can whip up a batch of those lemon bars I've been craving now! I'll get to those this afternoon.

Just turned a pain de mie loaf out of the pan. Picture perfect and smells soooo good.
so 'that's' what that pan is for. I've seen them often in specialty stores, didn't take the time to figure it out nor did I ask. now I know:)

I asked my husband to put the chocolate chip muffins I made yesterday [that I forgot to mention here in this thread] in the freezer for me to use for bread pudding when I get home. I hope they work for that purpose, we'll just have to wait and see.
They were quite good as muffins, but I won't eat them and since the kids are gone now, they won't eat them either, so what better use for them other than to toss them, but put to another use.

I just baked a batch of coconut and chocolate muffins.
There is now bread baking in the oven. The house smells great. :chef:

Mel

No baking today because of the no water issue. 5pm can't come soon enough!! I'm going to bake a birthday cake for my Mom later. Hopefully tonight, but if not, tomorrow for sure.

Just going to do the last two cheese cakes for the wedding tomorrow (one is a do-over). Then I better make something for the cookie jar as I am starting to hear "when are you going to make something we can eat". You have to remember the other two members of my household are grown men, not little kids!:ROFLMAO:

Is the do over the cheese cake or the wedding? LOL...

so what kind of cheesecake is your favorite?

Thanks, Meshoo, after a day in the kitchen cooking turkeys, making cheesecakes, toppings and dinner for the guys I really needed a good laugh!:LOL:

The "do-over" is of course one of the cheesecakes. There really wasn't much wrong with it until DH decided to "test the top" to see if it was done and put half his hand through it. :wacko: He swears it was an accident!

Hmmm, my favourite to be honest if it is a good New York Cheesecake is just some fresh strawberries on the side. I love the creamy texture and rich flavour all by itself with a hint of berry.

This weekend I am baking that Weight Watchers angel food cake with pineapple in it. I am going to a luncheon and the hostess told me to bring a low calorie dessert -- darn!!! I'm bringing fresh pineapple chunks and fresh strawberries to serve along with it. I'm going to try to slip in a little light whipped cream for a topper -- do you think the hostess will notice?? Ha!! Ha!!

Babe -- you mentioned pineapple cookies. They sound good and I love pineapple. Would you mind passing on the recipe? Good luck with the Splenda lemon bars -- let us know how they turn out.

Thanks, Meshoo, after a day in the kitchen cooking turkeys, making cheesecakes, toppings and dinner for the guys I really needed a good laugh!:LOL:

The "do-over" is of course one of the cheesecakes. There really wasn't much wrong with it until DH decided to "test the top" to see if it was done and put half his hand through it. :wacko: He swears it was an accident!

Hmmm, my favourite to be honest if it is a good New York Cheesecake is just some fresh strawberries on the side. I love the creamy texture and rich flavour all by itself with a hint of berry.

Glad to be of service. I have those days all the time...today is a good example...LOL

Me thinks your DH did it on purpose because you didn't make HIM one. I'm sure my DH would do the same thing (though he is THE cheesecake chef in this house). I'm liking the simple cheesecake idea as I love fresh strawberries. Otherwise, DH makes a great raspberry one wit chocolate and caramel.

Today, we are having company over and one of them is a diabetic, so I'm thinking we might make something low sugar. DH made my mom's recipe for banana bread last week and it was delish and it doesn't have a lot of sugar, so we shall see. Otherwise, if home made pizza counts, that's all we will be baking today.

This weekend I am baking that Weight Watchers angel food cake with pineapple in it. I am going to a luncheon and the hostess told me to bring a low calorie dessert -- darn!!! I'm bringing fresh pineapple chunks and fresh strawberries to serve along with it. I'm going to try to slip in a little light whipped cream for a topper -- do you think the hostess will notice?? Ha!! Ha!!

Babe -- you mentioned pineapple cookies. They sound good and I love pineapple. Would you mind passing on the recipe? Good luck with the Splenda lemon bars -- let us know how they turn out.

auntie, pineapple cookies made with a pineapple cake mix, 1/3 cup oil and two eggs. bout 2 doz. 12 minutes in 350-375 oven. i think they need chopped cherries or dried cherries and nuts, pecans come to mind.

babe:chef:

Today I am making my second batch of home made sandwich buns. First time, they were way too big, giant size, this time I plan to use scale to get smaller and equal size. I use recipe for quick potato bread, mix it in my Zo machine then take it out, shape and bake. First time I used onion bits on top of some and rest with sesame seeds. This time I used part whole wheat flour. First time was very tasty, looking forward to these. Also will throw in a pan of scalloped potatoes while the oven is hot.

just took my nytimes bread out of oven. it is just beautiful. the best of three i have made. used bread flour and a tad bit more yeast. baked in smaller corning ware cass. dutch oven was to big i think.

i am so pleased. also by passed the towel business and just put on no stick foil. did cover with foil and then towel for two hour rising. just used a little corn meal and put sesame seeds on it. lovely,

babe:chef::chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom