What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was browsing recipes from my mother's cabinet .. and decided to bake Toffee Blond Brownies. . . i will bake more for her..

Well I didn't bake anything today, but I was busy with the baking this week. I did 4 loaves of orange bread (just the basic dry ingredients for muffins with oranges that got tossed in the blender as the wet ingredients), then I made cinnamon buns, and modified crewsk's peanut butter pie. I made it with the peanut butter on the bottom, but I mixed the chocolate pudding and the whipped cream together to make it more like a mousse. Big hit...BIG! Made a few loaves of banana bread too.

Having a house full on Monday so I made three loaves of NYT bread yesterday (one with a heaping tablespoon of Italian seasonings and other stuff mixed together into the dry ingredients), and sometime today I'll make the buns for the Burgers & Brats we're serving on Monday. Lots of yard work today to catch up on, wash the work truck & straighten out the garage/warehouse so I can find my work stuff in there. It always a "Oh, there's where I left that..." moment when I clean up my stuff. I'm certain none of you are nearly as messy as me. You all seem to be so organized and "together."

Joe

Joe, you are a funny guy! Organized and together...HAHAHAHA!!!

OK, today I'd LIKE to bake some cookies. I'm craving some Neiman Marcus chocolate chip ones, but I suspect the day will soon spiral out of control and I'll run out of time.
We're also going to dinner at Mom's tonight so I might whip up another chocolate peanut butter pie to take as dessert.

Have everything together to make hamburger buns for tomorrow's burgers. Don't think I'll be baking anything else today. Spent the greater part of the day in the kitchen yesterday, so today'll be a lazy day 'cept for the burger buns.

I have a peach coffee cake in the oven for our brunch, as well as the first cookie sheet of peanut butter cookies. When that's done, the oven gets shut down for the day - too hot.

Peach coffee cake? Can you post that recipe in Cakes for me pretty please? If it is copyright can you send me a link or something? I have some peaches to use up.

Peach coffee cake? Can you post that recipe in Cakes for me pretty please? If it is copyright can you send me a link or something? I have some peaches to use up.

ditto for me, please! I always have lots of peaches around in the summertime. they are my favorite fruit. and I still have some of the ones I froze for winter in the freezer. I know I can always make cobbler or ice cream but that coffee cake sounds great!

I just took an herb quiche out of the oven and now the house smells so good! :chef:

NYT's Bread to go with the prime rib that I just put in the convection oven. It already smells pretty yummy.
Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt the Sourdough NYT's Bread.

Got my baking done for tomorrow's Brat's & Burgers fest. Everyone is looking forward to the fresh rolls & buns more than the meat. :LOL: Big meatloaf-style burgers will be getting big buns... 3.5 oz. dough portions. Brats made with 2.75 oz. dough. The digital scale sure makes for nice consistency of size. Nobody should go away hungry.

img_613164_0_117cefb421e11e1b2f84c25a5aa80fb9.jpg

Also have two loaves of NYT for dipping appetizers.

Joe

Gorgeous bread, Joe!

I'll be baking brownies to take to the folks who printed and bound my thesis last week.

Here's a tip... ever made your brownies with dark brown sugar instead of white? Try it. It adds a wonderful butterscotch-y undertone to the flavor. :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom