What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made brownies from scratch, using cocoa and whole wheat flour instead of chocolate chips/baking squares and white flour. First try with this recipe. They're pretty good. Next time, I'll like to add some almond extract. :)

If I have time, I gonna bake some brownies.
Triple chocolate fudgey brownies. Sounds right up my alley! I prefer chewy fudgey brownies to cakey ones.
I got this out of the Baking illustrated cookbook (the perfected recipes involving baking from cook's illustrated magazine) they made these brownies over 50 times to get it just right, I hope we enjoy them too!

I made two loaves of white loaf bread this morning. I'm planning to make one loaf of cranberry/oatmeal/walnut toasting bread later this afternoon. Our bread supply is pretty low and I need to get back up to speed. I'm considering baking some hamburger buns tomorrow and a loaf of pain de mie on Wednesday. We should be adequately supplied by then since there are still some English muffins and a baguette in the freezer.

Let's see, 4 doz. peanut butter cookies, 1 banana cream pie, 4 doz mini cup cakes with chcolate chips, frosted with cream cheese frosting...
woo hoo, i had a blast today..Took several doz cup cakes to the baby sitter and my babies and the other children had a little birthday party for Carson..

kades

Let's see, 4 doz. peanut butter cookies, 1 banana cream pie, 4 doz mini cup cakes with chcolate chips, frosted with cream cheese frosting...
woo hoo, i had a blast today..Took several doz cup cakes to the baby sitter and my babies and the other children had a little birthday party for Carson..

kades

Wow! I made pizza dough today and am about to do my usual 12 doz. chocolate chips. You are way ahead of me! Happy Birthday to Carson!

still sweet cookies

i made oatmeal , butterscotch chip cookies. was really hungry for a cookie so diabetic diet in mind, i played witht the recipe. use splenda brown and white instead of sugar. the chips of course have sugar but i did cut it down quite a bit.

they are very, very good. and i can eat them with few pangs of guilt. lol

babe:chef::chef:

Hello! I am a newbie to this site and love everything I have read so far. Today I am cooking for lunch after church tomorrow. I have a pot of large lima butterbeans with chunky ham on the stovetop, potatoes for creamed spuds in the boiler, hard boiled eggs cooling on the sideboard for deviled eggs and cornbread in the oven. After that I am going to attempt my Grandmother Ladelle's Apricot Nectar Bundt Cake. My only difficulty is the "icing". My Grandmothers recipe just says to take a little bit of nectar and mix it with confectioners sugar and drizzle over the warm cake. I can't seem to get the proportions right for it to drizzle and still harden like I remember it. As near as I can remember, it is the consistency of the glaze you pour onto doughnuts. Any ideas?

thanks

is that the recipe calling for a cake mix. haven't tried one in a long time. last couple times, ten years ago. it flopped. don't remember, but think it was just flat. my sis had same problem. thought maybe they had changed cake mix some how. could u email me the directions. printer still not working. thanks

babe:ermm::ermm:

I overcooked the brownies :glare:
Into the garbage they go.

Oh, corazon, I hope you haven't thrown them out yet!!!! At camp last year we had a huge batch of brownies not work out and we really couldn't waste anything. So, we ground them up and then layered them with chocolate pudding and added gummy worms to the top layer (the pudding). It was a huge hit with the kids! You can leave out the worms and it is a wonderful "adult" parfait as well.

Was planning on making my late MILs incredible banana bars, but my daughter used all the bananas (2-1/3 cups worth!) on one loaf of banana bread while I was napping. At least the kid can cook! :)

Oh yes Corazon, on the overbaked brownies ... cut into squares and make a mocha trifle. Mix some pudding with a bit of coffee and whipped topping and layer with brownies and toffee bits (or whatever else you might have on hand ... berries, mini chocolate chips, etc.). Unless they are blackened and taste burnt, they will soften up and be fabulous in a tifle! You can even drizzle some sweetened condensed milk and melted frosting over the top of them if you don't want to fuss. Or mix in with some ice cream for a shake or smoothie. Can't toss chocolate ... it's just not patriotic!

Wow! I made pizza dough today and am about to do my usual 12 doz. chocolate chips. You are way ahead of me! Happy Birthday to Carson!
Thanks LP:)
I got up today and just fell into a baking frenzy..I enjoyed every minute of it :LOL:

kadesma

I just baked lemon squares. This version has a base of shortbread with a top layer of lemon curd. It's still cooling on the rack before getting refrigerated later. Then it just needs a sprinkling of icing sugar on top before serving. I can't wait to taste it!

i made oatmeal , butterscotch chip cookies. was really hungry for a cookie so diabetic diet in mind, i played witht the recipe. use splenda brown and white instead of sugar. the chips of course have sugar but i did cut it down quite a bit.

they are very, very good. and i can eat them with few pangs of guilt. lol

babe:chef::chef:

Babe, be careful with the Splenda brown sugar. The call it a "blend" and it does have real sugar in it. I know that I can't use it for my Dad - I tried it once with one of the Splenda recipes and his blood sugar went sky high even on a small piece (and there was no other sugar in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom