What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting to make cinnamon swirl bread but can't find a recipe that has thick, gooey layer of the cimmamon stuff (almost like jelly, very dark). Any help out there??? Actually I'm wanting to duplicate the bread from the Alpine Bread Basket Restaurant and Bakery in Alpine, Calif.

Made some cinnamon rolls for my mother-in-law for her birthday. That's what she wanted. Hadn't planned on baking anything else, but some cake mix cookies started yelling at me, so I have a batch of those in the oven right now.

I was kind of lazy today. I used Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix and added semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips and coarsely chopped walnuts. They turned out great. I ended up with 4 1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies. I'll have cookies until St. Patrick's Day.:rolleyes:

Oh, everyone's goodies sound and look so good! Hey, Merstar, I made a key lime pie today also! Well, it was actually a tart, not a pie. But it was delicious.

Sounds great, MexicoKaren! Mine turned out better than ever -maybe because I used 3 extra large yolks and l large instead of 4 large.

Today I baked Cottage Cheese - Dill bread. Very, very good, but next time I'll use dill weed instead of dill seed.

I am going to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies today because when you are snowed in, you should have cookies - don't you think?

Care to share the recipe??

I got the recipe from All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips. I'm not sure how to link to the exact recipe. Go to search and put in "honey wheat bread" I believe it's the first recipe. By Meghan Monahan. There are 108 reviews and after reading them I went with 1/2 c. honey and 2 cups wheat flour and 3 cups a-p. You'll understand this when you read the recipe. It makes 2 loaves.

Barb

I got the recipe from All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips. I'm not sure how to link to the exact recipe. Go to search and put in "honey wheat bread" I believe it's the first recipe. By Meghan Monahan. There are 108 reviews and after reading them I went with 1/2 c. honey and 2 cups wheat flour and 3 cups a-p. You'll understand this when you read the recipe. It makes 2 loaves.

Barb

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your post. I will try to make this soon.

Two-layer butter cake with raspberry mousse filling, topped with dark chocolate ganache.

Old-Fashioned Gingerbread Cake, from the new Gourmet Cookbook (page 703), but I added ½ cup of chopped candied ginger. Great stuff, especially warm with vanilla ice cream on top!

You can't call it "baking", but we have wonderful smells in the house because DH filled the dehydrator full of banana slices this morning!

Just baked
Butter Pecan bread. If it tastes even half as good as it smells it'll be gone before you know it. I want to save some to try as french toast with pecan syrup. And it's pronounced pee - kan, not puh-con. Right, Mama?

Not today, but this past Saturday & Sunday. I made a big batch of bread dough (7.5#) in my new Electrolux DLX mixer and baked 5 hearth breads and a dozen buns. Made the dough Sat and baked on Sun. While the bread was baking, I mixed up a big batch of pizza dough for the freezer. Took 2 of the 10 dough balls and baked a braided spinach & feta roll and sausage stomboli for the Superbowl party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom