What are you doing tonight, New Years Eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
My husband and I decided to invite a few neighbors over after dinner. A freind wanted us to go to Dubuque with them, but we prefer to stay out of cars on new year's eve. So we're just asking a few friends to stop by for a glass of the bubbly and desert. We're hoping that by midnight it will be just the two of us (three if you count the dog) to ring it in.

Ditto, no travel tonight. We are staying at home with a couple of filet mignons and a good bottle of wine. Probably will follow our tradition of falling asleep before midnight.

Bad luck Nicholas. I'll be at home with my partner, no driving for us either. A friend might come over as his family is away. If he comes, we'll be having beef bourguignon; if not, we'll be having duck breasts. Scrummy either way. We have a DVD to watch, so we can also avoid all the crummy chat, celebrity and talent (less) shows on TV. Either that, or like Lyndalou, I'll be falling asleep in front of the fire only in my case with as many cats on top of me as are prepared to put up with each other at such close quarters.

We have invited a family who we are friends with, their daughter is friends with ours and their son likewise. The children will eat together at 7.30 then I will prepare a meal for the adults, Roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, and buttered french beans with a mint and apple sauce. Dessert is a surprise for us as the family invited is preparing it. We have all party stuff for tonight and hope we have a great time just as we think the children will!:)

Nothing special, few drinks, and nice dinner - lol, haven't seen that Ball drop in years! Will see it on the morning news !

lyndalou said:
Ditto, no travel tonight. We are staying at home with a couple of filet mignons and a good bottle of wine. Probably will follow our tradition of falling asleep before midnight.

ditto for us here too. sans the bubbly or wine. maybe the DH will have something to drink but that's not the usual. we will for sure, conk before the 1st though.

Happy New Year to you all!

Husband & I are doing absolutely nothing except sitting around watching tv (Turner Classic Movies is having a Marx Brothers movie fest) & EATING. Bought some bubbly, lentil soup, 3 pounds of huge Alaskan King crab legs, ordered 3 different kinds of fresh American caviar which arrived yesterday, nacho fixings, etc., etc., etc.

Also bought the few remaining ingredients I needed for tomorrow's Cassoulet, which I'll start tonight.

well Im still in the Lab, but it`s only 17:25 hours, so no biggy :)

I haven`t got a Clue what to cook tonight, so we May have a take-away as long as it`s something Light and nothing that will put us in a coma :)

then we`ll probably kick back and watch TV until 12, then crack open a bottle of something or other in my daughters room while she`s asleep and wish each other happy new year as a Family :)

As we do every New Years Eve, we will go to our favorite Chinese place. Should be interesting since there will be the entire famly tonight.Even little Olivia will get her first taste of the goodies:LOL: Then we will come back here for dessert and some bubbly and watch the ball drop...Just a quiet family time, my favorite way to celebrate.
kadesma:)
Happy New Year everyone!

BreezyCooking said:
Husband & I are doing absolutely nothing except sitting around watching tv (Turner Classic Movies is having a Marx Brothers movie fest) & EATING. Bought some bubbly, lentil soup, 3 pounds of huge Alaskan King crab legs, ordered 3 different kinds of fresh American caviar which arrived yesterday, nacho fixings, etc., etc., etc.

Also bought the few remaining ingredients I needed for tomorrow's Cassoulet, which I'll start tonight.

cancel out what I just wrote, I'm coming to your house! :LOL: do I have time to catch that last flight of the day? :wacko:

We are all staying in, eating munchies, sipping a few drinks, and probably watching movies. Hopefully I make it 'til midnight! :LOL: and, IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!! YIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!

YT2095 said:
Can come and live with You!? :)

awwww, no snow there? i will send you a snowball! I just read in the news this morning that some lady is selling snow from Colorado on Ebay! HA!

kadesma said:
As we do every New Years Eve, we will go to our favorite Chinese place. Should be interesting since there will be the entire famly tonight.Even little Olivia will get her first taste of the goodies:LOL: Then we will come back here for dessert and some bubbly and watch the ball drop...Just a quiet family time, my favorite way to celebrate.
kadesma:)
Happy New Year everyone!
:) HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!!!
We will be going to a friend's house like we do every year.I'm already planning to have a little party here next year -we have a lot of friends that don't do anything and I would love to spend the eve with them!!!
We do Chinese food on Christmas Eve -it's a long time tradition for us.I hope you enjoy every morsel anad every moment with your family and I hope little Olivia is approving of the menu:winkiss: !!Lots of love and energy,Vicki

We are also going to a friend's house - a New Year's tradition for his. He has a home that is perfect for parties. We always have a lot of fun. Can't wait!

VickiQ said:
:) HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!!!
We will be going to a friend's house like we do every year.I'm already planning to have a little party here next year -we have a lot of friends that don't do anything and I would love to spend the eve with them!!!
We do Chinese food on Christmas Eve -it's a long time tradition for us.I hope you enjoy every morsel anad every moment with your family and I hope little Olivia is approving of the menu:winkiss: !!Lots of love and energy,Vicki
Thanks Vicki,
I wish you could see our Livi divi:LOL: she is getting so big, she has been walking for several months now and is a quick as can be..Yesterday she gave me the best birthday present of all..She came in with her mom, so we could go have her 1st. birthday pics taked, , mommy put her down, and up went her arms as she toddled to me to be picked up..I picked her up she huged me then put her two little hands on each side of my face gave me a kiss and said MA for the first time! I tell you it just brought tears to my eyes.. This tiny little thing is such a joy...And now tonight I'll spend the evening with all of them, what more can we ask for?
kadesma :)

Nicholas Mosher said:
Working... what fun... :rolleyes:
That's what you get for being a chef :)

It's all over for us, our two boys headed out to their bosses place for a BBQ last night [it's 7am here] and they haven't returned yet. I mowed the yard early yesterday morning [just because the neighbour had an all night party [ I did wait for them to get into bed though]] so I was worn out. Went to bed at 6pm, how exciting was that.
Happy New Year everybody

We're not doing a thing. DH had trouble with the Xmas party watching everyone at, so, we will stay home where I can make him a shake or whatever. We'll just find a movie and have a quiet evening at home.

Back
Top Bottom