What are you eatin or drinkin right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotch on the rocks. I need fortification in case Mudbug's soup turns out anything less than outstanding!

the usual vodka. bang made me thirsty for some tomato juice and vodka... i wonder if i have any tomato juice, though???

lol.. last night he had voddie and oj, so I made sure I ran out and got some oj today... that's what I am having now.. I think I'm getting sick. I ache allover, and throat is getting sore. I went to bed four hours ago, but just tossed and turned.. forgot that I even left this on. Since I don't have any cough syrup, I made me a screwdriver.. I know it's not the all-purpose remedy.. but might help my throat.

Juliev said:
lol.. last night he had voddie and oj, so I made sure I ran out and got some oj today... that's what I am having now.. I think I'm getting sick. I ache allover, and throat is getting sore. I went to bed four hours ago, but just tossed and turned.. forgot that I even left this on. Since I don't have any cough syrup, I made me a screwdriver.. I know it's not the all-purpose remedy.. but might help my throat.

Julie, best thing for sore throats: shot of whiskey, lemon juice, and honey. Warm it up first. Hope you' feelin' better today.

my irish friends swear by a hot tottie (sp?),

push some cloves into a lemon wedge, put in an irish coffe glass, top with hot water and honey. the real way is to add a shot of whiskey, but alkeehol is the worst thing you can have when you're sick.

I keep a bottle of Rock & Rye in the fridge just for that. It's great for congestion too. My daughter has seasonal asthma & her doctor said to give her 1Tbsp. Rock & Rye mixed with lemon juice & honey whenever she gets a cold. She hates the stuff but it clears her up real fast.

Thank you mudbug..My throat is still sore.. like one side of my throat is swollen.. I should have had my tonsils out when I was kid..but they never thought it was necessary. It's weird.. just one side is sore.. hurts to swallow. I'm achy this morning.. just a little groggy from not much sleep, but I have to get some work done. I'll rest more later.

Yeah, bucky, my mom says the same thing.. but it DOES make me feel better.. prolly all just in my head.

lol.. forgot to post what I was drinking... hot tea with lemon.. put a little honey in it too... not eating anything ... YET.. lol.. throat has to feel better first.

crewsk said:
I keep a bottle of Rock & Rye in the fridge just for that. It's great for congestion too. My daughter has seasonal asthma & her doctor said to give her 1Tbsp. Rock & Rye mixed with lemon juice & honey whenever she gets a cold. She hates the stuff but it clears her up real fast.

Mom used to dip her finger in whiskey and rub it on babies' gums when they were teething.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom