What are you eatin or drinkin right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember when I was in Junior High my friends & I would sneak in the kitchen & take turns taking sips from the bottle of Rack & Rye my mom had. My parents don't drink & that's the only thing she had in the house. I give it to my sone when he's congested too & he drinks it like a pro, it's rather scary, he dosen't even flinch!

whiskey, straight, makes me shiver... makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.. lol.. I guess that's why I drink vodka.. dunno..

I have heard ginger brandy works well too for throats.

Juliev, sorry to read that you're down for the count today. The tea may just be the thing you need -- warmth and tanins to soothe. Any fever? White spots in your throat...?????

yeah.. white spots just on my left tonsil.. I have big tonsils.. runs in the family I guess.. lol.. it's just the one side though.. weird.. usually when I have swollen glands, it's both sides. Ty Audeo, I am feeling better than last night.. just alittle sleepy.. but when I get something like this (was over two years ago that I was sick), it takes a few days.. then I'm okay.

This is totally off topic. Since we all seem to talk back and forth to eachother, I wish this site had a chatroom.. that would be fun!

I think it's more a flu-thing middie.. because I ache allover (not as much as last night though). And, a couple days prior, I was really tired for no reason.. that is usually the first signal that I'm getting something, but I don't recognize it until I have something. I didn't help things yesterday by trying to get too much stuff done all in one day... doing some work, paying bills, washing curtains, getting some stuff packed, and trying to talk to all you good folks... I crapped out last night just before 9 pm and still couldn't sleep.

that sounds good crewsk...and I could actually make that.. have all the stuff.. just don't know about my throat.. prolly be soup when I decide to eat.

yeah..but it never gets worse.. and goes away with care and rest in a few days

when i was in the 8th grade ( i think) i was sick that whole year.
had tonsilitus 7 times and laryngitis twice. that was hell

well, the lord above knows I can't afford that hassle right now, but if it gets worse.. I'll have to see to getting it looked at.... hard to be sick when you are trying to move..etc.

Julie, eat lots of garlic and wine. One for the antibiotic properties, one for the antiseptic (and anesthetic too!) properties. Then you won't have to worry about having it checked out.

I have a story about this, but it isn't really all that amusing. Just suffice it to say IT WORKS.

Juliev said:
This is totally off topic. Since we all seem to talk back and forth to eachother, I wish this site had a chatroom.. that would be fun!

wouldn't it be nice to just be able to chat? i mean, sometimes posts come so fast you can't keep up with them.
anyway, i hope you get better soon. lots of rest. and fluids! gotta get those fluids in! :?

mudbug said:
crewsk said:
I keep a bottle of Rock & Rye in the fridge just for that. It's great for congestion too. My daughter has seasonal asthma & her doctor said to give her 1Tbsp. Rock & Rye mixed with lemon juice & honey whenever she gets a cold. She hates the stuff but it clears her up real fast.

Mom used to dip her finger in whiskey and rub it on babies' gums when they were teething.

lol, my dad did that too. and we were allowed to sip a little schaeffer or rheingold if mom was at bingo and he wanted us to go to sleep.

bangbang alone in a chatroom with a few of us... skeery thought....

just kidding.. :LOL:

Wouldn't it be interesting to pick his brain? I find him to be a very interesting fella.

lol.. I was kidding.. he's a cool dude... and very funny.

I am having a vodka and iced tea with lemon and a chicken stir-fry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom