What are you eating Friday January 8, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i had a breakfast burrito from mickyd's.

i have planned beef and bean enchiladas, sides of refried beans and mexican rice.

what about you?

Shrimp with roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts in a wine and butter sauce over pasta.

Top sirloin steak (medium rare), roasted garlic mashed potatoes, glazed baby carrots, and Banana Nut Bread for desert.

We are having our Florida Christmas dinner at our grandaughter's tonight so the only thing I know that is on the menu is what I'm bringing, baked apples. She is a good but adverturous cook so we will all be surprised. I hadn't made baked apples in 25 years so I'm surprised she asked me.

Boy am I glad I put on some pinto's to soften last night, 2 boys ripping through the house woo eeee are they noisey.:LOL: So it's my dad's beans, green salad,warm Italian bread and chocolate pudding.
kadesma

Homemade beef, bean and cheese enchiladas (topped with sauce, shredded 4 cheese blend, scallions and broken black olives), homemade mexican rice (jasmine rice, chopped tomato, scallions, chopped chilies, chicken broth, chopped onions and cumin) and refried beans.

img_870314_0_151f71c450e60100f99aef8aba58b3fe.jpg

img_870314_1_fdf3b2917187b4d7f5be5d66b92fd72f.jpg

This was my first attempt at these recipes and the family said it tasted better than the mexican restaurant!!

Buffalo chicken pizza, chicken wings and finger veggies. Too tired to do more than that.

DH is working so I can actually get into the kitchen today. I made ham steaks with pineapple rings and home fries for Dad and I.

Sort-of spaghetti a la puttanesca but it turned out WAY too salty.

I have a single-serv coconut cream pie chilling in the fridge for later.

Finally smothered that chicken! Put up a fight, too.:LOL: LOTS of sauted onions, green pepper and mushrooms (that was our "vegetable") and enough mozz cheese to give a heart attack! Enough left over so I don't have to cook tomorrow before our party.

Sorry you can't trust them.... Send that great looking plate my way and I will give you an honest opinion. :ROFLMAO:
ROLF!! thank you PP!!
that chicken looks great but we don't really like the flavor of Bourbon is there something other that can be used?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom