What are you eating Friday October 22, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's NATIONAL NUT DAY!

We had Chinese take-out - Chicken and cashews for dinner (pictures to follow later).

Are you going nuts today?

Finally ! A National Day for US !!

Fish Fillets (Gorton's) on a Bed of Stewed Tomatoes, Shrimp Mac 'n Cheese and a few too many Shrimp were Defrosted ..............

Shrimp Mac & Cheese.jpg

I picked up a seasoned turkey breast at the market, so I'm roasting that tonight. I will serve it with Roasted Root Vegetables. A favorite around here...and one I've used in recent years for our Thanksgiving table. Since there are fewer of us these days, it is nice to have a dish that covers a couple of the "expected" items. The dish contains yams, carrots, red onion, turnips and parsnips...but since I don't care for parsnips, I double up on the carrots. I'm trying a new to be seasoning, gifted to me by a friend because it is called "Ginny's Seasoning". Salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and juniper. I think it will work, we shall see. Additionally, there's olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar (black cherry in this case). If it works, it will go on this year's Thanksgiving table and will take the place of the veggie and the yam sides.

smileys-cook-842998.gif

We were at the rehearsal dinner for our granddaughter’s wedding. It was a pig roast

It was the absolute best pig roast I’ve ever been to. The pig was moist and tender. Smoked over hickory. The sides were also excellent: Mac and cheese, BBQ beans, roast potatoes, string beans and mushrooms, salad. Along with a variety of sauces there was a yummy onion jam. Dessert was apple cobbler and ice cream. We’re back at the cottage on the water and I’m watching the Res Sox in the ALCS game.

IMG_4588.jpg

Here is where we’re stay.

IMG_4578.jpg

I picked up a seasoned turkey breast at the market, so I'm roasting that tonight. I will serve it with Roasted Root Vegetables. A favorite around here...and one I've used in recent years for our Thanksgiving table. Since there are fewer of us these days, it is nice to have a dish that covers a couple of the "expected" items. The dish contains yams, carrots, red onion, turnips and parsnips...but since I don't care for parsnips, I double up on the carrots. I'm trying a new to be seasoning, gifted to me by a friend because it is called "Ginny's Seasoning". Salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and juniper. I think it will work, we shall see. Additionally, there's olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar (black cherry in this case). If it works, it will go on this year's Thanksgiving table and will take the place of the veggie and the yam sides.

smileys-cook-842998.gif

We really like roasted root vegis too. May I suggest the addition of celeriac? It's a lovely root vegi. I usually throw in some garlic cloves in their skins. i often roast them with chicken breast and Italian sausage on top, for a one "pot" meal.

Tonight I served store bought, beef tourtière with gravy, the last of the leftover rice pilaf, store bought, oven fries, and rødkål (Danish red cabbage) as our veg. That really hit the spot.

Tourtière, oven fries, rice pilaf, rødkål, and gravy, Sti's plate.jpg

Tourtière, oven fries, rice pilaf, rødkål, and gravy close up.jpg

Back
Top Bottom