What are you eating Friday September 6, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seared Scallops on the Flat Grill Pan, Horsey sauce, Air-Fryer Yams (Cooked out a little on the dry side), Chopped Collards & Ham, Deli Slaw....

Seared Scallops, Horsey Sauce, Air-Baked Yam, Collards.jpg

I had fresh haddock filets fried up while I grocery shopped. Added fresh asparagus and Carolina long grain and wild rice for sides. Made a simple salad, too.
IMG_20190906_212930903.jpg

A neighbour dropped off some fresh corn. So it was cod, corn-on-the-cob, fruit for Mom, tossed salad for Dad. Ice cream and chocolate cookies for dessert.

I made an unusual curry tonight - one with watermelon rinds, or "watermelon whites". I had some thin watermelon rinds, and I peeled the dark green off, and cut them into pieces, and was thinking of pickling them, or making a chutney with them. But I found some recipes using them in curries, so I made one of those - sort of like using unripened mango in a dish like that. I also made two roti, with a small amount of atta, and a little more jowar flour, plus a pinch of salt and ajwain, and just enough water to make the right texture - like making a small number of tortillas, with masa harina. And I use the same tortilla press, as well, to flatten them.

Last edited:
We tried a new to us brand of frozen tourtière. This one doesn't have any potato or soy, so we were eager to try it. It is delicious. We had it with gravy. We also had corn on the cob because we found some that wasn't the two-coloured, extra sweet kind. I also made a green salad (two kinds of lettuce, green onions, scapes, celery, and broccoli) with homemade vinaigrette.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_203831.jpg
    IMG_20190906_203831.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 111
Nice looking plates tonight!!
I put a Tri Tip into the sous vide before my nap and finished it off on Wilma when I woke up. We also had loaded baked spuds, and glorified salads thanks to the Souschef.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom