What are you eating Monday 7/3/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Hamburger (with cheese, vidallia onion, pickle, ketchup and Frank's hot sauce POWDER) on a Kaiser roll. Sautéed baby kale and baby spinach (Trader Joe's smoked EVOO and my all purpose seasoning) as a side.

DH suggested he might go to the store and pick up a couple of steaks to grill (he likes ribeye and I like New York strip). I have a couple of potatoes that need cooking and the ingredients for caprese salad, so I think that's what's for dinner. We might also grill up a couple ears of corn on the cob although I want to smoke a couple tomorrow when we smoke the chicken thighs I got). And I bought watermelon and ice cream today, so we have a choice for dessert.

(I did go grocery shopping earlier, but now I have a slight fever so we're not going to the beekeepers association meeting tonight. We had been planning to go out for dinner before the meeting, but that's not happening now.)

Hope your fever is gone soon, GG, and you feel better.

Now starring at Chez Goddess: Leftovers! We have a tiny bit of them, barely enough for two - might not even be enough for one guy. When they are gone, I'll then pull out stuff for a charcuterie and cheese platter with cold nibbles. Meanwhile, (house)work I must...

Naan bread pizza... Sauteed zuch, m'rms, asparagus, mozz cheese and chicken.. Topped before serving with avocado and chipotle ranch dressing...

Strawberries and cream for dessert..

Fight the fever, GG...

Ross

Last edited:
I smoked a whole chicken in the stovetop smoker, then slathered with barbecue sauce and finished it in a hot oven. Oh, yeah!

We picked at the chicken, had a mess 'o black eyed peas, iced tea and birthday cake. Our fingers were a sticky mess with the chicken but it was finger lickin' good.

We had Emeril's crawfish potstickers with an orange/lime juice, cilantro, etc. sauce. The potstickers were great. The citrus sauce was okay, but I think I'd come up with something different if we ever make again. Sauteed baby bok choy on the side.

yKC2Fs-JYbt0eAVq2sNoqxqHWCWhUO6pCOi0XMhLMMIpX92IB

I was a busy person today. We were supposed to have Caribbean/New World vichyssoise from Alan Susser tonight, but when I actually read the directions, it has to sit overnight at least, so no go for tonight; although I did get the base made and it's in the fridge. I also made up the marinade for the jerk chicken we are having tomorrow and the thighs are busily soaking it up in the fridge. Craig tasted it, said it was pretty good, but I was afraid to because it has a whole habanero in it. It's a Norman Van Aken recipe.

Mmm...looks good, med.

I've been back from vacationing in NoCal for a couple of days now and other than scrambled eggs, still haven't cooked anything. :ohmy: :LOL: I think I'll call out for Chinese delivery, then get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Been recuperating from traveling with my busy grandsons, ages 4, 6, and 8. :wub: :)

My supper was the second half of the meatball and parmesan sub I had for lunch. This thing was huge. I easily got two meals out of it.

I got it at a local bodega. Those little places make some pretty good food. At least sandwiches. I pick the ones with a lot of locals going in and out.

CD

I don't think I'm having supper. I got a very late start to the day and I just ate breakfast about an hour ago when I got home. So if I eat anything tonight, it'll probably be just something I can throw in the oven. I have a couple Pagoda shrimp and pork egg rolls and I may have those at about 9 or 10 pm. Either that or just a couple of slices of cinnamon toast.

SO and I have been busy all day prepping for a family cookout tomorrow so I didn't have much energy for cooking. We had orange chicken over white rice.

Didn't get to the leftovers. That's OK, there will be plenty leftover from tonight to add to it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20170703_223935.jpg
    20170703_223935.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 111
  • 20170703_225000.jpg
    20170703_225000.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 98
DH suggested he might go to the store and pick up a couple of steaks to grill (he likes ribeye and I like New York strip). I have a couple of potatoes that need cooking and the ingredients for caprese salad, so I think that's what's for dinner. We might also grill up a couple ears of corn on the cob although I want to smoke a couple tomorrow when we smoke the chicken thighs I got). And I bought watermelon and ice cream today, so we have a choice for dessert.

(I did go grocery shopping earlier, but now I have a slight fever so we're not going to the beekeepers association meeting tonight. We had been planning to go out for dinner before the meeting, but that's not happening now.)

Your dinner sounds good, whether you had it last night or will wait until you are feeling better. Glad you got to the grocery store, though. Food Lion has their rib eyes for $7.99/lb until tonight if you have one near you and want some. Mom & I got 2 packages on Saturday. Fixed 2 Sunday (I'm still eating leftovers) and fixing 2 today. Have 2 in freezer for later.

Leftover rib eye, cucumbers & tomatoes, pita chips, & sliced strawberries for dessert. When it's hot like it has been lately, I cook as little as possible.

Must have been the fever - DH was suggesting he would go to the store this morning, not last night [emoji38] Luckily, the fever broke after I rested for a while and drank some Gatorade. Maybe I just got overheated after running errands all afternoon - the heat index was near 100. Thanks for the good wishes, friends [emoji2]

Anyway, I had a roasted chicken breast in the fridge, so I made curried chicken salad with apple, grapes and celery and served it over shredded romaine. I also made caprese salads with local tomatoes from the Feed & Seed store and basil from the garden. Nice and cool for a hot evening.

Btw, CG, your spread looks amazing :yum:
0703172054_HDR.jpg

I smoked a whole chicken in the stovetop smoker, then slathered with barbecue sauce and finished it in a hot oven. Oh, yeah!

We picked at the chicken, had a mess 'o black eyed peas, iced tea and birthday cake. Our fingers were a sticky mess with the chicken but it was finger lickin' good.

I have a stovetop smoker and am still trying to figure it out.

Can you please post the directions/recipe for your chicken and any other recipes/directions for other foods cooked in the stovetop smoker. Pretty please. TIA

(I love your recipes)

I Googled for an answer to a question but, could find nothing conclusive..

Would having no kitchen fan exclude me from using a stove top smoker?

I dislike not being able to grill or smoke...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom