What are you eating Monday April 8, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crawfish & shrimp gumbo for lunch.....

56890443_2338700269509235_3556098411302223872_n.jpg

Sweet and sour chicken stir fry (one of Mrs. T's faves). I've always done it over white rice, but this time it was over brown rice. The Zoji makes fluffy brown rice, and Mrs. T prefers brown rice, so I got a star on my forehead tonight (Mrs. T was an early elementary school teacher).

I'v got a rack of BB ribs on the Weber Kettle with some Apple wood chunks for smoke.

CD

Attachments

• Ribs-4-19-001.jpg
    Ribs-4-19-001.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 118
Fish fry for us with roasted garlic tartar sauce.

Attachments

• 2019-04-08 18.58.01.jpg
    2019-04-08 18.58.01.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 117
Hot and sour soup and buttered roll.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_556c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_556c.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 126
It's been a drizmal day here, so a one-pot meal seems appropriate. I made corned beef and cabbage. Hopefully we'll have enough leftovers so I can try a new recipe.
IMG_20190408_195013746_HDR.jpg

What wonderful dinners, everyone.

I had a quesadilla and a salad for this afternoon's dinner. Fixin' to slice an apple for a TV snack.

I'v got a rack of BB ribs on the Weber Kettle with some Apple wood chunks for smoke.

CD

The ribs came out great! I just used salt, pepper and granulated garlic for the "rub." I smoked them for two hours, and wrapped them in foil with some apple juice for almost two hours. The smoker temperature ran between 250F and 300F the whole time.

I got these BBs on sale at Kroger, and they looked really meaty, and they were really meaty. Ribs on sale are often somewhat lacking on the meat to bone ratio. I could only eat four of them, with a little tater salad on the side.

CD

My wife never ever cooks. But tonight she insists I stay out of the kitchen, she's cooking tea. Hmmm, wonder why?? I'll report back.

Russ

We had breakfast for supper. Country omelette, breakfast sausages, and whole grain and sunflower seed bread. We hadn't tried that brand of breakfast sausage before and they were tasty.

That plate looks it just needs some mustard sauce, it's so simple to make and goes well with the meat.have you ever made it with the beef?

Russ
I make a mustard-horseradish-mayo spread that we like on ham, roast beef...pretty much any meat sandwich. But when I make a pot of simmered corned beef and cabbage, it's all about the pot juices. It's hard to tell, but there is a big puddle of that stuff all under the food on the plate. Once I finish with the meat and veggies, however, my favorite part of corned beef and cabbage happens: load a bunch of that juice over slices of rye bread. :yum: To me, that is gourmet eating! :pig:

I made a new dish Sunday night - sautéed rainbow chard in a baking dish with a lemony tomato sauce on top, with shrimp nestled into the sauce and feta on top. I reheated the leftovers Monday and served them with salad and homemade burger buns made into garlic bread.
0408192018b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom