What are you eating Monday July 6, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Big t-storm right now. My power went off 3X already. Only flickers on and off. Just enough to reboot my modem, A/C and cable box and all the other electronics. I'll wait to reset all the clocks till it's over. Black outside lots of booms.

I made pasta salad earlier today. I guess that will be dinner.

Jr dropped off some Costco hot dogs earlier and to give his mom a belated birthday present. And a physically present but still socially distant Hug. So, dogs for supper. Bonus, fits right in with our leftovers menu.

Herb-Crusted Salmon Filet, Sweet Potato Casserole, Leftie Peas 'n Mushrooms, and a Salad !

Salmon Filet, Sweet Potato.jpg

It's been a...challenging day in the kitchen. :LOL: What with the GINGERbread spice blend incident, and a batch of "whole wheat bread" that I grabbed the rye flour for (apparently the liquid measures for the rye bread are way less than for my whole wheat bread recipes) and ended up with a blob of glop in the bottom of the bread machine pan. Didn't want to waste more ingredients by trying to fix what looked like a really bad mistake, so I dumped that. :( At this point I'm afraid to cook anything! And I already used my "take out" card for the week yesterday...

We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary with roast, spatchcocked chicken and a lovely Spanish rosé wine. I put the chicken on a bed of vegis (carrots, onions, leek, celeriac, and turnip) and basted it with a vinaigrette of EVOO, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, salt, garlic, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. That was wonderful. It was as good as I had hoped.

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_183612.jpg
    IMG_20200706_183612.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200706_183530.jpg
    IMG_20200706_183530.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Happy anniversary to you and Stirling, taxy! [emoji813]

The chicken was supposed to be piccatta. It was easier for me to make it smothered Mexican. Broiled cheddar and monterey jack cheese on top, put it on a bed of rice, and cuddled some fresh corn next to it. Big plus? I didn't cut myself when cutting the chicken up. [emoji38]

IMG_20200706_212732104.jpg

CG, didn't cut yourself? Are you having one of those days? I was having a "burn myself on the oven" day. :ermm: Burnt a finger and my forearm. Put them each under running water until they stopped hurting. I think they are okay now.

Aw, taxy, sorry about your boo-boo. Hope it's not too bad.

I was afraid that I might cut myself because I've had a real "derp" day in the kitchen. See my earlier comment in this thread to get details. Guess I'm only tripping over myself when it comes to baking. Cooking went OK!

Last night we had another outstanding meal delivered to our car trunk from Hozy's grill,and enjoyed at our own table. Trout Almondine with garlic Haricot verts and rice pilaf.

The last time I ate trout, I cooked it whole in an iron skillet over a campfire and that was decades ago. Hozy's had this perfectly boned, although I'm still a wiz at boning a cooked fish taught to me by my Dad when I was a little kid.
As a matter of fact I impressed the Souschef on our wedding day by boning our freshly caught fish at the table of the charming little open air restaurant on a rocky beach in Santorini Greece. Oh, that picture perfect place was known only to the locals and I'll never forget it.

I digress...

Attachments

• P7060045.jpg
    P7060045.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 76
As a matter of fact I impressed the Souschef on our wedding day by boning our freshly caught fish at the table of the charming little open air restaurant on a rocky beach in Santorini Greece. Oh, that picture perfect place was known only to the locals and I'll never forget it.
I found a picture in our files...The restaurant building itself was
made of beach rocks, and filled with families eating and playing Greek music and dancing.

Attachments

• Picture 127-2.jpg
    Picture 127-2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 92
Beautiful, Kayelle! Look how nice and socially distant those outside tables are. Safe enough for dining even during a plague. Too bad a trip to Santorini isn't in your plans, eh?

Back
Top Bottom