What are you eating Monday May 6, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Went food shopping this morning.

Lunch was rotisserie turkey breast, sesame noodle salad with spicy peanut dressing, bowtie and feta salad and watermelon.

lunch_turkey_050619_IMG_5789.jpg

Dinner should be ham and cheese calzone with tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil salad

May 6th

I have some pork loin thawing in a bowl of cold water. The plan is to cut off a couple of boneless chops and have it with rice with corn and some veg, which might be a salad. We'll see how I feel.

I have a craving for tuna salad so, I picked up fresh brioche buns and frozen, seasoned curly fries..

It will be a sandwich for dinner day..

Chocolate cake for later..

Ross

We're getting ready to go meet an old friend for lunch at
Rainbow Drive-In | Cooking Since 1961
I always have a hard time deciding what to order as we stand there,
so I looked over the menu before hand!
Dessert after that will be
https://www.leonardshawaii.com/home/
Gotta have me my Portuguese Donuts aka Malasadas :yum:

Dinner so far is planned as Oven Huli Huli Chicken thighs
with some kind of Poke and steamed Rice with a veg

Homemade Ham, mozzarella and ricotta calzone with side of pizza sauce and grape tomatoes, pearl mozzarella, fresh garlic and fresh basil salad dressed with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

ham_calzone_050619_IMG_5791.jpg

tomato_mozzarella_050619_IMG_5794.jpg

Last edited:
I have some pork loin thawing in a bowl of cold water. The plan is to cut off a couple of boneless chops and have it with rice with corn and some veg, which might be a salad. We'll see how I feel.

The pork loin wiggled a bunch while I was cutting it, so the chops are more flattish chunks of pork than proper chops. The veg was steamed beets tossed with butter and lemon juice. I marinated the pork and then I simmered the marinade that the pork had been sitting in and added the deglazed fond and used it as a sauce. That pooped me out, but it was delicious.

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_191932.jpg
    IMG_20190506_191932.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 119
We went to a Mexican restaurant. First time going to this one, not bad but lots of better choices around here.

I made spinach salads; chicken with Greek seasoning, cerignola olives, artichoke hearts, preserved lemon, and chickpeas; orzo; and charred broccolini with a brown butter topping that included chopped Marcona almonds and preserved lemon.
IMG_20190506_210939570_HDR.jpgIMG_20190506_214748811_HDR.jpg

We had take out pizza from Kelly's. The crust was nice and thin and crispy. The pepperoni was spot on. Along with the cheese.

But the chef got carried away with the salt for the sauce. I scraped off most of the sauce. I like their pizza as a rule. But the next time I order from them, (on line) I will mention the salt issue. They have a place for special orders and comments.

I am not looking for a free pizza, just less salt.

Well, poor planning on my part..... I usually use Hunt's Stewed Tomatoes for this; had none.... had to use Diced..... also, Garlic butter Was meh.... not enough Minced Garlic in-house.....

Top-Neck Appy, Seafood Salad, Mussels in a Tomato-Garlic butter over #8...

IMG_0284.jpg

Mussels over Psta.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom