What are you eating Saturday 9/1/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight I am planning to roast Cornish hens. Sides are still undecided.

I plans have changed. Take-out is now being discussed. :angel:

I started marinating chicken thighs last night in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, curry powder and hot sauce. I'll pan-roast them and serve them with some leftover rice, reconstituted somehow, and a salad.

Steak tips on the grill, wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms in the Zoji, and everybody's favorite veggie, roasted brussel sprouts. I'm getting a huge crop of parsley in the garden, so I made some chimichurri to go along with the steak tips.

Made loaf bread yesterday in anticipation of one of our favorites...BLTs.

Took advantage of many of our fresh tomatoes and, voila, one of our favorite summertime meals.

We each had two sandwiches and were stuffed.

002.jpg

This was enough for 3 servings!
NY Strip Steak, Sweet White Onion, Zucchini, Sweet Bell Peppers and Mushrooms, all on the gas grill--- oh, and a HUGE Baked Potato from the oven that we also are getting 3 servings out of :LOL:

Good lookin' dinner, kgirl....and what perfect grill marks...! :chef:

Time got away from me today. I've been playing around out in the yards today since the weather has been cooling down, and ended up ordering out for Chinese delivery. :)

The Leftover Fairy put stuff in the fridge, so leftovers it was. I had corn, green beans, Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms, and pork tenderloin. Left half for Himself for whenever he gets home. :LOL: I made my version of a wedge salad - all the ingredients are there (except no Bleu cheese for me :sick: ) but I chop up the lettuce before topping it with the good stuff.

Mom had potato, onion, and kielbasa soup for lunch and supper yesterday. I had chicken salad with pecans & cranberries for the same meals.

Mom had potato, onion, and kielbasa soup for lunch and supper yesterday. I had chicken salad with pecans & cranberries for the same meals.
Did you make the soup? I had that for the first time in Potsdam, Germany, when we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and visiting with three of our former exchange students. I eventually found a recipe for it and now I make it a few times every winter.

I started marinating chicken thighs last night in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, curry powder and hot sauce. I'll pan-roast them and serve them with some leftover rice, reconstituted somehow, and a salad.
My chicken thighs burned a bit because of all the honey, but it tasted good. Decided to go with pineapple-jicama slaw instead of a salad.
0901182003a.jpg

Did you make the soup? I had that for the first time in Potsdam, Germany, when we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and visiting with three of our former exchange students. I eventually found a recipe for it and now I make it a few times every winter.

Yes, I did. All I do is cube some red potatoes and dice some onions, put it in a pot with some chicken broth. Season with salt & pepper, and cook for about 15/20 minutes. After that, I slice 1/2 kielbasa, put it in the soup and cook it for about 10 more minutes. Mom puts vinegar in hers but I don't.

Yes, I did. All I do is cube some red potatoes and dice some onions, put it in a pot with some chicken broth. Season with salt & pepper, and cook for about 15/20 minutes. After that, I slice 1/2 kielbasa, put it in the soup and cook it for about 10 more minutes. Mom puts vinegar in hers but I don't.
Sounds good. My recipe has a few more ingredients and a couple more steps. It comes out a bit thick from the potatoes breaking down. I never thought about vinegar - that might be a nice addition at the end.

Back
Top Bottom