What are you eating Saturday 9/8/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD had all 4 wisdom teeth removed so she asked for soup. I will make split pea soup and cream of broccoli and cheese soup.

Pork tenderloin on the grill, mashed sweet potatoes, and everybody's favorite veggie, brussel sprouts! :yum: I'll toss the sprouts with some olive oil, salt them, and roast in the Breville oven for 25 minutes or so, then finish off under the broiler for a few minutes to give them a bit of a char.

I did something I don't do very often because of the mess - but I have been craving fried chicken so I skillet fried some chicken thighs earlier today. Coated them in seasoned flour, egg wash, more seasoned flour, and fried in Crisco shortening. I made a small red potato salad to go with it, and will steam some broccoli a little later.

I'll only have one of the three pieces of chicken today, the other two will be for nibbling tomorrow. I love cold fried chicken. :yum:

My daughter brought me a container of eggplant parm with extra sauce and loaded with cheese. In fact too much cheese. But I didn't care. I ate half of it and will have the rest for supper tonight.

We have a store down in our Central Park area. They make up the most delisious Italian food you could ask for. It has been there since my mother was a little girl.

Tamales.

Green with roasted skinned poblanos, corn, queso fresco, topped with salsa verde and crema.

Red with shredded chicken cooked in dried red chile (arbol, ancho, guajillo) sauce, topped with crema and queso fresco cheese.

Notice the Mexican flag colors?

Attachments

• 2018-09-08 19.15.57.jpg
    2018-09-08 19.15.57.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 144
A friend brought over a big slab of moussaka from the Greek church fest a few towns away. There's enough left for tomorrow too.

Made DD cream of broccoli and cheese soup (zapped with my brain till smooth). Rest of us had KFC.

DD had all 4 wisdom teeth removed so she asked for soup. I will make split pea soup and cream of broccoli and cheese soup.

OMGosh...I hope she recovers quickly. I still remember when I had that procedure done. :huh: Thanks for the reminder about split pea soup, I think I'll make a pot of that in the next few days. :yum:

Tamales.

Green with roasted skinned poblanos, corn, queso fresco, topped with salsa verde and crema.

Red with shredded chicken cooked in dried red chile (arbol, ancho, guajillo) sauce, topped with crema and queso fresco cheese.

Notice the Mexican flag colors?

Looks delish, Med. :yum:

Wow, classic fried chicken thighs sound so good Cheryl. I really have to do that soon.

We had a vegetable pork stir fry tonight that turned out really well, although it's not likely I'll ever be able to do the exact same dish again. I did go the extra mile by doing the Chinese water velveting technique https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/07/chinese-velveting-101-introduction-water-velveting.html
and it makes a huge impact on any finished dish.
I served it all with steamed Jasmine rice.

My sympathy to her. I still have all four of mine at 79 years of age. Only they have never broken through. The top left one is on the march down to where the dentist will be able to reach it without any difficulty. The rest will stay where they are. No problem there and no pain with any of them. So Far!

Cool and gloomy weather calls for comfort food. We had mashed potatoes, smoked Bourbon sausage from Aldi, and a whole lot of pickles and probiotics.

IMG_20180908_220640240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom