What are you eating Saturday, February 13, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Antipasti. Caprese salad. Genoa. Pickled veges of eggplant, red bell, onions, garlic. Mini bruschetta with arugula, onions cooked down with sugar and Merlot, and gorgonzola.

Attachments

• 2021-02-13 19.06.03.jpg
    2021-02-13 19.06.03.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 140
Been craving take-out pizza. Margherita for SO and Meat Lover for me.

46FD2B11-E7EA-4EDF-8752-B8E39278E8DF_1_201_a.jpg

Last edited:
I made penne carbonara (sort of) and a salad with red crisp lettuce, sorrel, mizuna, rainbow chard, pea shoots, pecans, corn kernels, and honey fermented cranberries. I dressed the salad with homemade vinaigrette.

Attachments

• PXL_20210214_004710511.NIGHT small.jpg
    PXL_20210214_004710511.NIGHT small.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 47
I made penne carbonara (sort of) and a salad with red crisp lettuce, sorrel, mizuna, rainbow chard, pea shoots, pecans, corn kernels, and honey fermented cranberries. I dressed the salad with homemade vinaigrette.

Pea shoots! I've always wondered where those came from because at one of my favorite Cantonese restaurants (that has sadly closed due to the pandemic :mad:) had Pea Shoot Dumplings as one of their Dim Sum options and they were superbly amazing. Would always order the Pea Shoot Dumplings along with the Pork & Shrimp Shumai.

Can you grow your own pea shoots? I've never seen them in any store.

Pea shoots! I've always wondered where those came from because at one of my favorite Cantonese restaurants (that has sadly closed due to the pandemic :mad:) had Pea Shoot Dumplings as one of their Dim Sum options and they were superbly amazing. Would always order the Pea Shoot Dumplings along with the Pork & Shrimp Shumai.

Can you grow your own pea shoots? I've never seen them in any store.

I get a produce / grocery basket every week from Lufa Farms. They have a few rooftop green houses. They also get stuff from producers. I get the pea shoots from them. Those are one of the many things they grow. I have heard that they are easy to grow. I know that Lufa uses hydroponics.

I get a produce / grocery basket every week from Lufa Farms. They have a few rooftop green houses. They also get stuff from producers. I get the pea shoots from them. Those are one of the many things they grow. I have heard that they are easy to grow. I know that Lufa uses hydroponics.
Peas are one of the easiest things to grow.

We did too much sampling while baking cookies and cake so, decided upon simple grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with chips.

Did have room for cake later though.

Ross20210213_155524.jpg

I made Swedish meatballs served over egg noodles, with marinated cucumbers and cherry-balsamic sauce.

DH picked up cupcakes from a local bakery for dessert. 20210213_200007.jpg20210213_204454.jpg

I see them at Trader Joe's each time we are there.

There are lots of sites that teach you how to grow your own, too, if you're so inclined.

Peas are one of the easiest things to grow.

Thanks, everyone, for the responses.

I've grown peas in the past. Just never thought to use the shoots for actually cooking :)

Back
Top Bottom